Maytech Brushless 6355 Sensored/Un-sensored 230kv Motor

That’s it 50mph!..

10mm that’s it… I want 50mm motor shaft!

Awesome improvements Chaka… I hope you kill it in the world of high speed eboard racing… 50mph as a standard…lol

I do suggest a better option for the end of the motor shaft instead of the current grub screws that are used. Keyway sounds like a great option!!!

A thru-pin would work nicely too

Jesus pin might not be a bad idea. I have been thinking it would be a good idea on truck axles and mounting bolts too. Bring everything up to motor sports standards.

I fly electric model airplanes and some times crash straight into the ground. The planes that had 8mm motor shafts did not break or bend the shafts even when hitting the ground straight on at high speed.

The increase in shaft diameter is not an attempt to prevent bending or breaking. We are attempting to deliver more torque and increasing the shaft size was determined by projected loading.

The torsional stress at the mating point between the pulley and shaft at 8mm is much greater than 10mm. We are also using larger pulleys than most people use which increases the torsional load at this point of contact.

2 Likes

Old thread. How is it going with this 10mm axle ? Did it come as a standard now 3 years after ? I dont see any Maytech motors with 10mm shaft anywhere, even the big versions of Maytech are still on 8mm shaft. So this hype of 10mm wasn’t really validated throughout but just a marketing trick…