Maytech 12s ESC NEW firmware to fix the brakes!

@johnny_261 yes, that’s what i meant… I assume with firmware reflash, you might need to re-pair the remote… so im not sure have you done it or not… which might be possible i think after a reflash, that you need to repair…

otherwise … ask some ppl directly who have flashed it before… maybe something went wrong… but my 1st option would be to repair it with remote, if you havent done that already…

I didn’t try to repair them since it was already previously paired. I will try that and report back. Thanks!

@johnny_261 To be honest… I just saw that some ppl sell ‘‘pre-paired’’ remotes, so it might as well stay there and it is not dependant on the esc…

but in your place I would still try to do it… since maybe the throttle position does need to be dialed in anyways…

Any luck figuring this out? I flashed the 150728 firmware in this thread and also have the same rapid beeping, non working situation. I flashed it back to the 150818 version and it worked fine. Tried the 150728 version again and same issue. These are TB esc’s too.

Sorry, didn’t get a chance to play around with it yet. If you get it working let me know!!!

1 Like

Has anyone tried this in the sensored mode? I’m having issues with random acceleration for less then a second after releasing the brakes with the FVT ESC (bought in February 2017). It doesn’t happen in the non-sensored mode.

I’ve tried it with both the old Maytech remote and the new one and the issue is the same.

Same here, didn’t find adequate solution :confused: only remaining maytech esc I have is in my caster board and it doesn’t need sensored mode.

I just confirmed that the throttle signal doesn’t do anything strange so it must be a firmware issue.

Is the PWM period of 10ms expected?

And here is the full range of signals:

2 Likes

@squad Maytech just confirmed the issue after testing a sensored setup and are working on a fix. I’ve also reached out to FVT about this issue.

1 Like

Unfortunately for now I only have one of their ESCs working, and it’s in my caster board, so no need to use advantage of sensored mode, because I start by giving myself a push anyway. Hope this fix will help other people tho!

Hey contact Jenny from FVT. The engineer there is the one that makes the firmware. He will fix it for you. Much better than maytech support.

I don’t use sensored mode so not sure. I find I don’t really need it on my trampa board since it already does a wheelies off the line. Try it without sensors and set initial acceleration to high or very high.

2 Likes

Here are a few picturs of FVT Sleeping Lion driving the Maytech 70mm hub motor sensored and sensorless. All graphs with phase voltage output are to the common start center.

Sensored Full Throttle

Sensorless Full Throttle

2 Likes

@kaspars Very interesting even though I don’t know exactly how to interpret those results. LOL. Could this possibly explain why my sensored TB esc will sometimes spontaneously go into reverse at low speeds, despite being set up for only forward/brake? Kind of scary and disconcerting when that happens. Can’t recall it ever happening when I was running unsensored.

Hey there! Guys, I hope you can help me.

I have this one ESC from FVT (bought on aliexpress FVT-SWLI0100-HV 120A HV-OPTO 5~12S LiPo 15~36S NiMh Brushless ESC w/USB Setting ) like this one -

And I have a problem with it. It doesn’t brake. I tried to change settings through USB Link, tried to upload new firmware - nothing helps. Look, at first everything looks good, usb link software gives me two green lights in “Link status”

But then, when I press “read settings”, in the window I see “reading…” and nothing go on. It can read for hours.

When I press “upgrade firmware” it says “Pls wait” and again, nothing changes. Finally, when I change settings and press “Send settings” it says “sending” and then “ok”, but still nothing changes((((

I really need your help, guys. My eSK8 doesn’t finish only because of it and I can’t ride it without brakes((((

@Idea @Mikeomania12 may can help. i also just bought two FVT sleeping lion, haven install the improved firmware yet and wish to know Idea and Mike firmware is it the same? or which one is the latest improving brake to skateboard firmware.

1 Like

Not sure about this one. The firmware is good for me. I dont have the same exact one you have but they look very similar. Maybe your esc is defective, because you cant view or change your settings even without the new firmware. Dont think you can upload the new firmware until you figure out why your USB_link software isn’t reading the settings.
Also contact FVT directly, they are pretty responsive they can answer skype:jennyxcy2008

1 Like

Already contacted to them and have response, thanks)) Yeah, looks like my ESC have some issues, because it still doesn’t work, BUT after few times I tried to upload firmware, it have changed throttle range. It is strange, because now I can’t reset it and can’t turn it to programming mode o_O Looks like I need to spend another $100 for a new one esc :unamused:

Have some news.

1. My esc is airplane only and can be flashed to skateboard esc, but I need ship it to China for it. But its ok, airplane esc has some kind of brakes, fine by me.
  2. My esc is burned down. Forgot to turn off the battery before unplug usb from PC (((
  3. Looks like sleeping lion is good choice for the money. Where I can order one with international shipping? Or may be someone can advice me another esc 120A for 10S LiPo?

U can just order from official website or ebay aliexpress. http://www.szfvt.com/en/

Yeah, but there are no option “buy”)) I already contact them and waiting for answer.