Mark 48 | Landyachtz Evo 39" 2018 | FatBoy TB218 Drivetrain | Fatboy SolidCore WheelHubs | 6.5" Trampa | APS 8072S165kv 6kW | FatBoy HV ESC | 18S10P Panasonic PF

Yeah thinking the same, plus all my boards somehow bottom is always dry so I guess IP65 is more than enough :stuck_out_tongue:

@Kug3lis @Silverline about the bearings, the metal shields are, in my experience, insufficient for such a dirty application as skateboard motors. What you want is a CONTACT rubber/neoprene shield. Most bearings do not have contact-shields, and although the majority of the high precision bearings have really tight shields, there is still a teeny gap. My thoughts are that if you’re gonna spend the money for replacement bearings, you may as well get the right ones! If you can find 6800-2rsc, at abec 3+ for a reasonable price go with those!! Also, there’s a EMQ designation: electric motor quality. These are sound tested for vibration tolerances. I could try to find a link if you’re interested.

Cheers

3 Likes

Yesterday almost finished the FatBoy HV ESC PCB design, will be ordering several units and try to assemble them and test it :slight_smile:

Also worked on new FatBoy Mini Sparky Switch which will implement new pre-charge circuit I was discussing with @fedestanco in his switch topic It will limit all inrush current to 50A@100V and 25A@50V. Will feature all the features of his bigger brother but will be a lot smaller with 40A, 80A, 120A versions available to buy.

Another smaller project is configurable charge only BMS from 6-14S uses same standalone balancer IC as all other non “intelligent” BMS with 10A charging capabilities

13 Likes

Awesome work! Good luck with the assembly, doing it with solder iron or reflow station?

Is this going to be running all your own firmware or will you be implementing any of the VESC code?

I guess will use reflow.

@uigiroux at the moment will need to fork the VESC and modify it heavily to run on my ESC at least until I sit down and finish my own firmware based on ST PMSM lib :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice. Why dont you use a shittier mosfet for the precharge instead of a directfet? If I followed your explaination correctly during precharge the high power resistor will keep currents low dissipating a bunch of power by itself.

My one point was to use same mosfets for uniform heatsink, also buying one additional in bigger batch decreases price of mosfets :smiley:

Just finished the design of FatBoy HV ESC :stuck_out_tongue: Will be ordering PCB soon

9 Likes

One word : “dual ESC in a dual heatsink” we All need 2 ESC"s in a compact design

1 Like

Is anyone here interested in Software development apart electronics/mechanical stuff of the project? As this project will have way more software development than anything else :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m interested :slight_smile:

I was searching for some kind of design to make a cover for all connections and etc on top of the deck… and then I remembered Mark 48 reactor design is more then enough to cover the connections I need to cover :stuck_out_tongue:

reactor

reactor2

Here will be all code I developed for board available in MIT I guess… The only problem GitHub flagged my organisation for no reasion and now it’s hidden for unknown reason :frowning:

3 Likes

Finally after working 4 days on VESC communication protocols, I finally reached some kind of milestone. I have finally made protocol parser, packet parser and also implemented multiplexer so that multiple connections could communicate with single VESC without collision and etc. For e.g. as I will be collecting live data, WebSocket for browser based VESC tool, tcp socket for desktop VESC tool.

Here is example one VESC connected through MUX to 2 x VESC Tools both running Real Time Data and left one using keyboard to control motor both tools communicate with VESC and receive information.

8 Likes

Oh and also now it will automatically detect then VESC attaches/detach as the computer will be always on and VESC will be switched on/off :slight_smile:

1 Like

Motor Detection works too :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Today received some parts, will be starting working on GPS and OLED modules as I have them on hand :slight_smile:

3 Likes

To sell?

10 char

What you mean to sell?

Are those modules you’ll be selling or is it just for your project?