Mark 48 | Landyachtz Evo 39" 2018 | FatBoy TB218 Drivetrain | Fatboy SolidCore WheelHubs | 6.5" Trampa | APS 8072S165kv 6kW | FatBoy HV ESC | 18S10P Panasonic PF

I’d almost recommend going for an e-ink display. The refresh rate is certainly an issue, but in direct daylight you won’t see much on an oled display. Even reading simple stuff like a battery progress bar takes a lot more of my focus than it really should while hooning around.

Hmm, it also cheaper. There is 3 color version. I am not building it for constant viewing just as information while stopped somewhere to see like status battery info and etc :slight_smile: It would get rid of lcd on remote then

2 Likes

Hey @Kug3lis I know this is off topic so I’ll keep it brief but I was wondering if in light of the new lacroix board + enclosure package that was recently released whether you might consider making a fatboy 3:1 drive for the mbs matrix 2 trucks in the near future?

Try epaper display instead of eink display. Much higher refresh rate beneficial for displaying speed. I would go for the black and white option.

If you had some pebble smartwatches you should know what I’m talking about :slight_smile:

Yeah that E-ink is 8s regresh rate… I will try to find epaper one…

So just added lcd to the handle and it looks like it would look sick :stuck_out_tongue:

Now just to find a low profile metal button :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe even use black mirror plexiglass for extra awesomeness

5 Likes

Added switch witch will require to drill hole in deck (stupid vandal switches) :frowning:

2 Likes

And charging port perhaps?

I don’t really want to put it in the front, I will put in the center console as everything will be in the center module (no space under deck 180 cells needs to fit in there) :smiley: ESC will be in the case on the tail :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. I will be running server on this board :joy: feels like early early version of Iron Man technologies :smiley:

1 Like

Built in Jarvis AI? Lol

1 Like

I think I can run that… :smiley:

3 Likes

Google maps on oled screen in front of board :smiley:

3 Likes

So this is my final plan for electronics wise kinda it will definitely will change but still kinda roadmap :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Kug3lis – upgrade the screen and run google maps … or even android auto …

2 Likes

Can I sign up for a set? :wink:

The whole project looks awesome regardless of Google maps, but integrated Android auto or Google maps would be amazing… I’d love to see this happen. I don’t know how practical it would be compared to just navigating on your phone and listening to them by turn via headphones though.

2 Likes

agreed the project is awesome regardless … endless possibilities when you’re running a PC.

1 Like

Heh I thought of that too but don’t quite have the remachining services

This is an amazing idea @Kug3lis

So I calculated enclosure requirements, and I think I should fit into 600 x 210 x (50-60) mm space it means either fancy bottom mounting with a lip or mounting enclosure to the side of the deck… Evo is 20mm thick so put in m5 bolts wouldn’t be much of a problem I guess. Maybe someone already tried to drill into side of deck and mount something? Or maybe something like rail mounting like there is thick L profile to witch on inside enclosure is attached and then from the top of deck bolts screw into it as I will have some spacing between cells and deck… Still haven’t thought about it much. Biggest concern of this kind of mounting is water resistance…

1 Like