Marble | Zenit Marble 38 | Surf Rodz RKP | Carvon Speeddrive R v4 | 12s4p | TB 12s Enclosure | Focbox x2 | 97mm ABEC 11 Flywheels | GT2B |

Untitled

The condition of that hub sleeve is worrying

Oh itā€™s chunked much more than that now. That hubs center of mass is so off now that it vibrates fairly hard with no weight on the board.

Hereā€™s a quick diagram showing how the battery will be connected to the focboxes. An issue I found is that the XT60 parallel connector doesnā€™t seem to have the right configuration of M/F sockets as shown in the picture and I canā€™t find any others online to match what I need. Am I being an idiot or is this the wrong thing? Battery%20XT60

1 Like

IMG_20180806_172429 Carvons are here, just as sexy in person as I thought it would be.

4 Likes

Well itā€™s the end of the day and I got an email saying my focboxes have been shipped and will arrive soon. (the 10th hopefully?) I just bought everything else I needed including the GT2b, 97mm flywheels, random connectors, heatshrink, and wires, as well as bullet connectors. That should be everything Iā€™m super exited to put this all together! I hope everything will arrive before the weekend but we will see.

1 Like

Wheels are here. IMG_20180810_133328

5 Likes

Update time! Sadly my phone overheated in this California weather and wouldnā€™t turn on for two days so I havenā€™t been able to get glamour shots, but it works! Last night me and a couple friends were working on finishing everything up and troubleshooting why one motor kept cogging and such. We went on for a good four hours reassembling everything only to realize in our sleep deprived state that we didnā€™t do detection after we were swapping phase wires. Once both motors spun the right direction though the cheer of success throughout the room was well earned. Unfortunately I lost my charging port somewhere in the process so I only have about half a battery charge :confused:

I rode it a bit once it was finished but not for long. I canā€™t wait to get off work and give it a go. Tomorrow Iā€™ll clean up the deck (itā€™s so dirty) and post the final update. From there itā€™s just a matter of saving for a 12s pack and doo-dads such as a battery meter and new enclosure.

Due to motor cut outs at full throttle or aggressive throttle, I bought a new battery sooner than expected. TorqueBoards 12s4p Will be here soon! I have a theory that the vescs wanted more power than my puny old 10s2p can output. It has some pretty heavy voltage sag and I think it just shuts down to prevent overdraw,

Your bms might also have been cutting out as generally the Vesc doesnā€™t cut out, it just wonā€™t pull anymore power than you set it to

IMG_20180816_172017 With the 10s2p

2 Likes

Yes

10 chars

Battery and enclosure are here! The TB 12s4p has an xt90 connector rather than the xt60 I planned for on my old 10s2p. To solve this I ordered an xt90 to xt60 adapter which should be at my doorstep when I get home from work. I canā€™t wait to go for a real ride!

IMG_20180823_172358IMG_20180823_172246

IMG_20180823_173432 Thatā€™s what I call a brick. IMG_20180823_173339IMG_20180823_172440 You can see I didnā€™t use the phase channels going into the enclosure and instead compressed the wires against the deck. I will fix this when I heatshrink the bullet connectors.

3 Likes

A blue car goes by. Soon after a yellow cab passes. The overhead lights change from red to green and the steady trickle of cars zoom by. Camera zooms in and here I am, sitting by the side of the road waiting for my motors to cool down. You might be asking how I got here, I would do the same.

15 miles in on my first ride and I have to say this is a major step up from the Wowgo. Full 'thane wheels are amazing, I have seen the light! Aside from the super plush ride the range has amazed me as well. Right now itā€™s at 61% so it looks like I can get over 30 miles on a single charge. Only complaint I have is the brakes arenā€™t strong enough to hold me in place on any degree of incline so Iā€™ll have to up the power. Itā€™s certainly not stellar going in hills from a slow start buy these are speed drives am I rite?

Speaking of speed I see Strava and my Android app clocked me at a maximum of 30mph. There is more to give I just need to get some pads first. Overall well worth the $1,800 total. This is a vehicle.

What are your motor settings?

Motor Max 60a Motor Min -50a Batt Max 40a

IMG_20180825_114430 This is the second enclosure to crack on me within the first week of use.

4 Likes

This is a common problem, the screws need to be almost loose. I would reccommend adding an aluminium bar or strip that runs down the length of the case. This will spread out the screw pressure more evenly and help prevent cracks

1 Like

So Iā€™ve been riding around d for a few days and having a grand 'ol time exploring parts of my town Iā€™ve never been to before. However on my second ride one motor thatā€™s connected to the slave vesc started cogging at startup about halfway through the ride. No problems at speed but I have to give a couple kick pushes to get it started which Iā€™m not at all a fan of. Phase wires and sensors are all good, nothingā€™s changed after a few more trips so Iā€™m going to poke around it this week and see if I can discover anything. Strange that it was fine for like 20 miles though and suddenly stopped working.

1 Like

Check the sensor wires or connector on that motor. Most likely it is just disconnected.

Found the problem. One of the wires on the hall sensor came loose causing sensored mode to not run properly. I stripped the wire a bit and stuffed it into itā€™s respective place before taping over it with duct tape.IMG_20180829_130506