Marbel the biggest scam in Esk8. What to do?

I have one for sale if anyone one wants to build a DIY version

1 Like

Hi and thank you for answers. Ich have a lawyer in Tampa and Marbel get letters from the lawyer regarding my money. But - no response. I can‘t understand this. In Germany I can go to Police and show this scam and it would determined.

It seems we are a lot of People they lost her money!

Greetings Ralph

1 Like

It’s definitely becoming a strange world. Before this happened I couldn’t imagine a company being able to take thousands of dollars from customers and never fulfill orders. Now, I hear about it all the time.

I can only assume Marbel has left for good, and at this point we have little to no chance of getting outlet money back. It took a while to sink in and accept I had been scammed. All we can do at this point is try to be cautious when placing preorders.

Personally if I ever need to do another preorder, I will make sure to have my money back long before the the card chargeback option has expired.

I feel for you man, and all the other Marbel customers that got scammed. Who knows, maybe karma does exist.

Damn , does no one know any individuals involved at the company?

What this companies need is a good bitter potion of publicity. Some article in Newsweek or Times telling all about their scams and then you’ll see if some of them try stunts like this in the future. Until somebody takes these drowning companies and put a hose right in their mouths they will never learn to respect us kickstart costumers. Just likeee… thatt. :smiling_imp:

It fucks things for genuine companies trying to use the platform to get their stuff out there. Shame.

1 Like

I feel like this is going to be an ongoing scam until things like Kickstarter or preordering becomes more secure.

Marbel doesn’t care about bad publicity. I’m prettt sure they don’t even exist anymore. People have gone by where they claim to have an office and there was nobody working there.

2 Likes

Yeah, but if you warn the entire continent (not to mention the rest of the world who reads Newsweek) about this practises, these scammers will never change their tactics thinking there are enough fools all over the world, a big part of believers of their BS to empty their pockets. You’ll see, when everybody starts to become aware of the shark infested pool these kickstarting campaigns are, companies will start to take us more seriously and not like now, some powerless, timid costumers, afraid to raise their voice; some scared Esk8 DIYers willing to lose their money now and then, here and there. :roll_eyes:

What were the founders names? At least put them in here so it comes up in search results.

1 Like

Matthew Marbel

1 Like

Matt Belcher - Founder and Materials Engineer Nate Madera - Software Engineer Mary Marr - Marketing, Sales, and Brand Development Yliana J. - Electrical Engineering Louis Meschino - Photography and Video Brandin Lewis - Photography and Video Will Chase - Chief Test Rider

From the kicksarter site. You guys may never get your boards, but a lawsuit is something worth looking into.

2 Likes

you literally can do nothing.

you paid 4 years ago. Paypal/credit card usually has 6 - 12 months protection

Assuming they wasted all the money on production or legit straight up scamming

• emailing wont work

• lawyer letter wont work. (You pretty much signed away all your rights when you backed with crowdfunding. You didnt buy shares, or invest in the company in any way

• the most you can do is maybe threaten/shitpost on all their social media, family, friends, glitter bomb, general turd throwing. (If that makes you feel better)

People need to realize to expect this when you are backing crowdfunding projects. There are some excellent companies and products, but also plenty of noob entrepreneurs with zero experience in mass production manufacturing and waste all your money on rookie mistakes.

2 Likes

…therefore… Mar-Bel

2 Likes

Mind blown

2 Likes

I don’t know if anyone will be reading this and I myself did not read every message in this topic, but after some research I managed to get a hold of one of the ‘team members’ of Marbel: Louis Meschino. Sadly, he was scammed too, he only made the video’s. He was never paid for it. Here are the pictures of the conversation I had with him. Let me know what you think…! image

I don’t know how we can live in a country where the dude isn’t getting criminally charged. Bankrupt, but then left with a lot of money and avoided people, fleeing the state? I get sick of every time I hear about this company…or Carvon

2 Likes

I paid for my board July 2015. Never received it. I sent letters in the mail and emails to Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi and they got back to me, saying there is nothing they can do. Marbel is just a scam, day-light robbers! They got out with million of $, and never delivered their products. I don’t know how this is legal? How did they get away with it ?

Yeah it’s a scar that I’m still trying to get over. Carvon did the same thing

1 Like

New industries unfortunately attract sharks. Sometimes its just inexperience and sometimes its deliberate. Fortunately now we have reputable companies out there offering decent products but we still need to be very careful of crowdfunding ventures because as you poor guys have discovered there is little to no recourse.

Feel for you guys I really do.

3 Likes