Making your own Vacuum Forming set up CHEAP

polycarbonate (lexan) I was going just frame and lay over open-topped oven. I don’t have a normal oven big enough to fit the size I want to do. maybe I can just flip it a couple times on low heat, as its got the top side open, and that would dry it enough? or i’ll make a cover I guess. reading it can be an issue. thanks for the headsup.

Bumping up an oldie but goodie! I’m thinking of starting to make my own enclosures but I don’t have space for a second full sized oven. Would a toaster oven do the trick? You can get ones with 50-60 liter volumes, easily enough for smaller enclosures, and you can probably do the bigger ones as two separate halves. The main thing I’d think you need to look out for is that because the space is smaller the plastic will heat up more quickly, so you really need to keep a close eye on it. Thoughts everyone?

It actually wont heat up more quickly. The smaller elements just don’t pack the punch larger elements do. Also, do this in a well ventilated area.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll make sure to do so. Basically, same amount of time, keep an eye on it and try not to screw it up too much.

1 Like