Making the A200S 16s 200A, high powered VESC HW6

Yes, this^

There is always a way to frame a comment to be constructive instead of insulting…

For example, “do you even skate?” could be reframed as : “Based on my experience skating, I’ve never needed xyz. Could you explain how xyz will be useful to you?”

Online communication is different than in-person communication; it’s hard to convey the humor in a comment that is summarily negative. This works IRL w your voice or with facial expressions and body language. It doesn’t work here.

@GrecoMan @Surfer give it a try; challenge yourselves to frame your comments in a way that is respectful to the OP. Even if it seems like the comment is forced from your perspective. You won’t get flagged as often and the discussion will be better.

5 Likes

@PatRocks uses the high capacity Tattu Lipos and has had really good results. He flys up some crazy steep hills and has minimal sag. And he was only running 8s at the time!

2 Likes

Wow! Just one 8s or 2 4s? They are really expensive though, lol. Seems like they’re probably worth it though!

1 Like

He was running two 4s in series but now he has added another 4s and is running 12s! I’ll bet he would be very interested in a 16s 200a Vesc.

2 Likes

Yes! Someone else agrees, lol. I knew I wasn’t the only one who could be interested in this! How many mAh are each of his 4s? I’m wondering what 12s lion configuration that would be comparable to…?

1 Like

I’m running the 22000mAh 25c 4s blocks x3. I got them used, from a guy with a good reputation on eBay for around 150$ each. They are excellent, I charge about once a month, with a hobby charger😎. Couldn’t be happier with them, so much so that when they eventually get old and crotchety I’m going to shell out the $400+ each to replace them.

3 Likes

It would take a lot. And it would be bigger and heavier than the lipo pack.

Wow so you have a $1200 battery!,? Impressive.

Sorta. They’re not what a brand new lipo is like, but discharging from 4.1v/c to 3.7 I’m only seeing about a 0.1 voltage difference between the cells. Aaand that’s after accidentally over discharging down to 2.73 v/c, which is usually fatal for lipos.

As I mentioned, I got them for $450 altogether. Was a steal

2 Likes

tattu told me they sell their 2nd class stuff to hobbyking

I almost forgot, @deucesdown got a few from the same guy, in the same condition, and did a bunch of science on them. We talked about it in my build thread: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/u/deucesdown

2 Likes

Que?? As in, at a second class quality discount?? I might be interested…

Dude, I didn’t once say I needed an 18s board, I said it would nice to have the option. Others seem to agree, so why do you have to bring this up again.

1 Like

Once again, can we stay on topic?

Yo we not the enemies act like this and nobody will care about your topic It will go cold.

The only reason for 18s would be a mountain board with big ass tires(10"+), with a sub 50kV motor on heavy reduction to climb steep ass hillls, or dune skating.

Otherwise, what’s the point?

2 Likes

Is smaller kv(with appropriate gear) always better for higher torque/speed? Is there an optimal ratio?

Electric surfboards!!

3 Likes

I never said you were the enemies, but you guys keep like making fun of me because what, I haven’t built a Esk8 yet, and rather than sink to that level and insult back, I simply ask that at stay on topic and if your going to be rude then kindly don’t bother commenting. This is hardly an issue that I’ve created. If you guys keep bringing it up and then an admin comes and agrees with me and says to be polite and stay in topic, I think that just further backs me up.

1 Like

Yes I’ve been looking into those and e-foils and they do use that much power.