MAD Storm...The attempt to create the Most Powerful Direct Drive_LoL

Loving it bro keep up the good work. I would love to see this with some pneumatics like the 6x2s. Amazing

That stator is massive for a hub motor

1 Like

I think that for optimal flux flow the stator should have at least the same length as the diameter, otherwise it will have more losses… (not sure about it, just something I think I heard in class)

1 Like

Thank you, now this will force us all to start using 63100 motors yayyyyy

2 Likes

It will so help a ton to get rid of bubbles. If you ever over-mix it and it gets super aerated a heat gun can solve that

3 Likes

My pleasure :laughing:

No idea. For most of the motors this is not the case. The lenght is from 30 to 42mm

Sure possible is just another adapter. When I will release them if people are interest we could make a 50Kv version for pneumatic. Actually I would like to make a short AT, tired of the bad roads around here

2 Likes

Would have less ”useless” endturns by percent of all the winding. More copper behind steel.

@rey8801 looks like the big bearing is trapped.

1 Like

That wood be a dream no lie. I would be down for a GB for those sets lol

Which big bearing?

Huuum… you say Bergmeister ?! heeee… AT wheels :stuck_out_tongue: haha

1 Like

@ervinelin build is really the only at board that I like it. I am not a big fan of AT wheels for skate but I 100% understand the purpose. I would like to try the MAD Fury with it. Although 75Kv is probably too much. But would be perfect to keep the weight down.

2 Likes

I would love to see direct drives on some AT wheels… You can reference my adapter if you wish, just drop me a PM.

2 Likes

Ah perfect. The the only things need is a diffent Kv motoes or these ones in wye configuration

Btw what motor are you using? a 75kv 63100 motor??

no is a 6380 motors, I measured again the stator size is 51mm in length. No doubt. Ah and this one I asked for a 85Kv because I want to pair it with 85, 90mm wheels. Probably 90mm to have more clearance.

2 Likes

@ervinelin here’s one example:

Though… I think ive seen 2-3 other AT builds,… it is definitely there, but not very common.

6 Likes

@Martin is another guy that has made DD for AT wheels

1 Like

one day we will get a good trampa style hub with built in motor. It will be awesome.

1 Like