MAD Fury. MAD hubs Direct Drive conversion

Take the stator is easy, is the rear bearings that I do not know how to remove it, If it is press fitted or glued. I never tried though.

Ok so 76mm can with a 97mm wheel is 21mm OD reduction / 10.5mm clearance 76mm can with 90 mm wheel is 14mm OD reduction / 7mm clearance

With your ground up build I’m guessing it’s something like a 63 series motor, extra thick motor can so say 68mm OD, 90mm wheels, 11mm clearance.

Judging by the test on your mad fury hubs sounds like that should be enough clearance

Pretty close man good math. Yes the nect DD since I don’t have the limit of the motor can are going to be 69OD so wheels from 85mm would be fine but I will use popoca 90mm since I love them. This DD, the MAD Fury requires 98mm but I removed the riser I designed to be nose and tail guard and now it is as low as with 90mm wheels. I am actually really surprise and happy of the performance of this motors. They are really strong. It happened already two times that I shit my pants thinking thst I finally hit the top speed but actually it keeps pushing and I get wheel wobbling. I am use them on a 29inch board and although I feel comfortable above 55kmh starts to be tricky :grin: The face of the people on a scooter when I pass them is priceless…

Actually you don’t need to open the hub at all.

1 Like

The phase wires are the Enamel winding. You can just cut the phase wire and strip the enamel off. Each phase wire will separate into 2 bundles, should be pretty obvious once you have them opened. Make sure you label the phases into ABC ±. Then simples run continuity test with a multimeter.

2 Likes

Ah you do it outside on the phase wires… Cool. Although probably is better to keep everything more protected inside. Of course it will work too.

1 Like

Ive only done one side. Maybe I can record it when I do it other one.

2 Likes

Awesome! That would be cool

Fastes ride of the week. Pretty much free road and Felt confident to push my little Spud to the top speed. I didn’t keep it for too long just because I am scared of the police. They won’t like it :laughing: Although I could feel the motors reached the max ERPM so maybe you get slightly more but I would say that it’s enough. I don’t know how precise is my phone GPS but that what I got, believe it was fast! Just tested for science not planning to do it again. I pushed really hard this time and the motors were barelly warm. The difference from when they were hub motors is enormous. Really really good, super happy! Ah 97mm wheels.

Screenshot_2019-02-23-13-14-52-022_lockscreen

For who asked about clearance and truck bending @MasterSpoon @Bor.inc

IMG_20190223_135905 IMG_20190223_135935

That with 97mm wheels.

6 Likes

@rey8801 but can’t help it and need to tell you that I see (which is probably not true)that they are bent already…

2 Likes

I will take other pics but they look streight to me bumy looking at them. Anyhow in case I will just make a straight custom truck. I am already doing it for the next DD. Not a big deal to make it twice.

1 Like

IMG_20190223_153947

Maybe not but just be careful.

4 Likes

Didn’t notice. I will have a look. Thanks

2 Likes

I think it’s ok

IMG_20190223_163136

But I will probably switched to the other solution if I have time later on

3 Likes

No customs, impulse purchase ftw image

4 Likes

yeh we had a guy helping us with them, my popoca are on the way :heart_eyes:

1 Like

If ur reterminating them wye u have to find all the starts and ends and the goal is to connect all the starts or ends. All ends OR all starts. If u mix them it won’t go. Maybe the motor has them organized for u.

1 Like

Great point! I guess it is easy when you open the motor, but how do you recognize the wires if you are just modifying the bullet connectors @Winfly?

I guess you need a multimeter but @Winfly will know better.

I remember I asked him. I think he got lucky. Worst case you could try different combinations and find them. U need a multimeter to find the 3 separate wires but won’t tell u which is the start or end.