MAD Fury. MAD hubs Direct Drive conversion

I bought a set, $8 shipping USA, €15 reroute to Ireland, taxes hope not but…even so doubt they will break €80 delivered. No tax would mean €55 delivered, so I took a punt

1 Like

Thslat would be perfect. I am olanny to use with the deck I am making. If it will work out at the end. Search bullyDeck :wink:

From Ollin gave me 35$ shipping

Looks like you’ll be taking my money in the future. :wink:

1 Like

Not my real purpose at the moment, but happy to provide what are my dreams to people that can understand the value and the love behind. For general public not for sure :smile:

For the deck I had to immidiately propose a GB because is too expensive on my own. I already put money in advance in something that can be a total failure… But honestly I don’t care! :rofl:

That is direct to Belgium, you need to look for a national post service USA address, ollinsboards charge $8 to a USA address.

The Irish post office have this service called AddressPal, you sign up, they give you a USA and a UK address. Any parcel sent to the USA address is €15 up to 2kg to be rerouted. Total postage €20’ish.

This may incur customs, don’t know at this stage.

2 Likes

I always learn something new! Thanks I will have a look.

1 Like

Here just short ride to test the speed. Full throttle engaged but just instant speed, so I guess it can do a bit more… But plenty, really plenty. Brakes are strong and reliable.

strava

2 Likes

So you are keeping the 90mm wheel setup? How is clearance?

it’s still ok, for sure better with 97mm but for my setup was a no option. I felt really unstable for the speed and torque generate. With 90mm I feel really more stable.

90mm image

3 Likes

I’m thinking that would never happen as he comes from a DH back ground and he already said those wheels are to big … he was saying he was working on a 76mm wheel set up a lil while ago and then I also just heard him say he was going to build a venom magnums Mach 1 wheel pully …or I see him making something very similar folks… I think those wheels are for sale because he is clearing them out… you better get some if you want more but i could be wrong too

2 Likes

I think you are right about the 90mm popoca being at the end. That is sad. They are amazing. The only wheel I felt a real difference.

Ya I’d say it’s the best bigger wheel option out there as of now … I don’t like abecs myself … ollin wheels is very similar to kegel I think the blue ones are grippier and I find I don’t get the high speed bouncy ball affect… ollin wheels are by far better then abecs so if you can’t run a 85 kegel or Seismic and stuck to a 90mm get his wheel by far superior for that size and then there is haggy has a 78a 90m kegel basically too they all have the same shape… but I can’t tell you if haggy are the same or not …

1 Like

With this DD 90mm is really the limit. The clearance is already low. 97mm would be better by I don’t feel right for my set up. Too high from the ground for my fast turn style :laughing: The Popoca 90mm are perfect but stuoid me I made the adapter for Abec since planning on using 97mm and didn’t find any 97mm kegel. For the next DD I am making is way lower profile so I will rather use 90mm popoca or 85mm caguama blue. I am always towards torque and low ride so probably 85mm

If Popocas are not arround you can always get those https://haggyboard.com/products/senor-pepe-street-wheel-set-90mm-diameter-78a-durometer probably same formula.

3 Likes

Didn’t know they are the same formula. I thought Ollin is making them in US. Never less they are kegel too. I need ABEC but kinda opposite in spending plus 100 euro for these wheels. Thst why I was looking in the community but no luck yet.

They’re made by Labeda, so if its not a specified formula its usually the same, which is suggested with the Popocas and Senor.

1 Like

Small metal Abec -> Kegel adapter plate, does not exist?

I noticed this too when I had it on my space cell, the motors were WILDLY inefficient when I was really working them.can you check if you have something like “electricity consumption” on whatever ack software? Because there’s got to be a reason it just murders batteries in no time :person_shrugging:

This is because higher kv motors need more amps to produce the same torque as lower kv motors. Correct me if I’m wrong but that’s what I remember somone saying

3 Likes