MAD Fury. MAD hubs Direct Drive conversion

Maybe the PCB is prebend because of the mounted heatsink but i don’t own a VESC 6.6 so i’m just speculating…

I think I can ship it for like 10 euro. Not tracked though.

it looks flat to me but who knows

I was wondering what the position of antispark was relative to the VESC. Was it placed on top of the VESC?

Also if the antispark blew first, then there is no way for the current to go back to the battery. If you were braking then, there would be voltage spikes in the vesc, blowing it up.

On way to get confidence is built a bench test. With your skills and setup, you can easily build one. They do those thorough air crash investigation is because they can’t just change everything for peace of mind. It is important to be able to pinpoint.

The antispark was on top. Never thought about a bench test setup. I was going to buy a 30V 10A bench power supplier to test out vesc and motors but I would need a really pwerfull one to put them under stress.

One minute of silence

IMG_20190209_194206

6 Likes

Uuuuuuffff I’m do sorry that this happen :frowning: What was your baterry and motor Amp settings?

Well, there’s your answer. The temperature produced by it surely can destroy nearby components and placed on top is a sure way of doing it.

Yeh but my vesc are stacked on top of each other. Antispark place on top on the side, not in contact. The vesc that blew wa the one below, the one st the top still fine. The component that broke was protected by the heatsink. It can not touch it

Same one for meepo hubs. I was testing the motor mod.

vescmonitor

1 Like

I already ordered a unity for the next build I can add another one but this is my commute board. Unity will take a while. What do you use now? Focbox?

Yea, I’m using focbox’s for now. I assume that they have a pretty good design by now, too many people using them these days and they have some pretty smart guys working on them.

1 Like

Do you mean unity or still classic Focbox?

classic 10 char

2 Likes

Well will see if now I feel the difference :grin: Big thanks to @CarbonV who gave me his unity since mine is in pre-order… Thanks bro! Back in the game…

IMG_20190212_005821

14 Likes

Wow, that was fast! Let us know how do the MAD fury perform!

1 Like

yep tests can continue now…I hope to get further than 3km :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Flipsky ESCs go boom? I am so shocked!

no chance of a short in the motor causing boom? we don’t want to kill a Unity, although I’ve read they are resilient to motor shorts somehow.

Nice execution man, two steps up

1 Like

Given that there berly are that many unitys out on the road yet, but havn’t seen any failreports so far. Are they murdering people to cover it up or are they actually hella robust? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Read Damon’s article on the Unity on esk8news, it seems really robust !

1 Like

Well the motors are new. Motor detection and hall sensors works fine. To check whether there is fault or not I should see if the motor wires are isolated between each other right? I don’t want to kill a unity as well… Although the what broke in the Flipsky 6.6 were the ceramic capacitors and the antispark switch too. I don’t know which one first. Do you think a motor short can cause that?

Edit: That what I meant. I will try this test. But my motors spin without any drag.