MAD Fury. MAD hubs Direct Drive conversion

based on but I designed it and printed first. Then use the printed one for a bad fiber glass work but was my first one. Solid as a rock though. The STL file in on thingverse but I am going to release the step file as well on the thread that @moon recently created. ahahahah really fun I just posted about it and you aske me of the enclosure. Cool!

3 Likes

Ok thanks @ervinelin for the pulley file. That made thing way easier. I only had to modified a bit to fit my DD. First try I didn’t think enough about the bolts position but now it’s fixed. Waiting the new 60Kv motors and deck to make it happen!

IMG_20190408_225253 IMG_20190408_225350

Final version Haggy_WheelAdapter_MF%20v7

@deucesdown I will send you the file once it’s tested. I think the 3D printed version is plenty for this pulley. As long you can print it in PETG or ABS or better nylon. 6-7walls, 100% infill.

I will make a thread alone for the new deck and build, but finished the enclosure too. I will build a DIY vacuum forming (or at least try) and use 3D printed mould for it. It should be fine for few tries.

Enclosure Enclosure2

10 Likes

Choo choo! :slight_smile: I have bergmeisters on hand, can print and test fit. I have nylon on hand but haven’t tried it, mostly due to the dry storage thing. It’ll be PETG for me.

That enclosure… mmmmm. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Enclosures always been the most tricky part of the build for me… I hope your vacuum former works!

4 Likes

I know about nylon. I am making a diy heated box for it. Recently saw Filadry. Check it out. If it does what it says is pretty pretty awesome and Amy grab it. Once parts are here I will test it and send the final adapter :wink:

Yeh I hate it too. That’s why for one of the deck I went for integrated enclosure. But this one is semiontegrated, damn…difficult part of vacuum is find the big ABS sheets :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ok I think it is right now. I will send you the file @deucesdown @pookybear so you can be prepare for when you get the drive. You will need 3 M4x30mm and 3 M4 x 12mm each side to lock them in place. Always screw in a star configuration. I will double check the screws leght but should be correct. Too long risk to damage the winding inside the motor.

IMG_20190414_094551 IMG_20190414_094620 IMG_20190414_094520 IMG_20190414_094537

6 Likes

What are the dimensions of that can?

The actual can is the same of a 63mm motor need to check the exact diameter. The one I made to cover the screws 76mm. It has only aestetich purpose.

1 Like

Looks really good mate! Can’t wait you get your motor, really want to know more and a comparison of those 75 VS 60kV !

2 Likes

DD kit are almost finish. Only logo left. Motors are done. Only PU sleeves missing.

I also can’t wait anymore. Yesterday I finished the vacuum forming… Ready for making the enclosure for it. IMG_20190414_114611 IMG_20190414_114622

10 Likes

I want you to be my neighbor! :blush: :smile:

The process and everything seems to be perfectly made,
strongly following as usual ^^

2 Likes

Eh eh I would like to have you too. I used a fluvacuum. The one intends to suck out anesthetics during surgery. Got it from a disassembled lab. It’s rather strong and moreover silent since it’s made for surgery room. If it is not strong enough I will search for a workshop vacuum. I have no experience with vacuum forming so I need to try. Waiting the 3mm ABS

3 Likes

Finally the Choo Choo deck came… Really pleased with the result… Need to make the vaccum formed enclosure now!

IMG_20190502_140314 IMG_20190502_140302

15 Likes

:heart_eyes: Wow, looks strong and really really beautiful too, I think I have a preference for this one ^^

can’t wait to see you on this !

2 Likes

Yeh this one is simplier but I also like it a lot. It’s also less expensive to make it. The other one I guess will stay a single unicorn :unicorn:

Both of them feel strong. The short one is a little heavier since it’s almost full wood.

2 Likes

Nice board man! How much does it weight? What battery are you planning on using there?

Is that beautiful deck available for sale?

1 Like

I will just move my spud hardware inside so 12s3p but can fit more. The cut out is pretty wide. I will weight both the deck asap.

1 Like

Well it’s the prototype I made to go with my DD and hammock base plate. After I tried yes if people are interested I always make available my projects.

2 Likes