MAD Fury. MAD hubs Direct Drive conversion

Yeh hanger dissepates the hanger is usually a bit hotter than motors. I really don’t see problem if overheat otherwise I could also make the hanger with heat sink but them machining price increases. To me they run really good

Second video with a bit of telemetry. The speed is a bit off. I compare it with the one I get from my watch which is more accurate but I can not export the file in GPX, need it for the video/telemetry overlay. The speed is not perfectly syncro and during fast acceleration it does extrapolate the speed so it’s higher than real, it goes back to the real one when the speed is maintained for few seconds. Anyhow top speed was around 55kmh :wink:

5 Likes

Want to replace my commute buddy that served me for the past year. My little spud is great but I need something to everyday with heavy backpacks that damp more the vibrations. So I thought to use the recent MAD Fury kit with a custom 60Kv motor to run Bergmeister wheels from @riverside.rider. The idea comes from @ervinelin and his amazing short AT. As him I am using a standard skateboard deck, just uncut in my case so that I can shape it as I like it. I will make a thread when it’s time but can not wait for it :star_struck:

MiniAT_Assembly_201o%CC%809-Mar-22_01-56-56PM-000_CustomizedView25614114039_png MiniAT_Assembly_2019-Mar-22_01-44-24PM-000_CustomizedView28023067709_png MiniAT_Assembly_2019-Mkar-22_01-44-43PM-000_CustomizedView14140250434_png MiniAT_Assemblyk_2019-Mar-22_01-44-08PM-000_CustomizedView4335845401_png

13 Likes

:facepunch::star_struck: And it looks GORGEOUS as usual !

Well done mate :wink: :+1: FUCKING TOO BEAUTIFULL !!!

semi-integrated ? You will “press” two deck as one ? Or add some layer underboard to follow the shape and enclose a bit the electronic ? Or it is still in construction maybe ^^ I can’t wait too haha

2 Likes

Yes semi integrated. Basically I am working with a company for making my integrated bullyDeck. Then I thought why don’t ask them to press a standard deck a bit thicker in the middle. I will then cut the shape and sand the bottom to flush the surface and mill the groove on a manual mill. I have use it for my spud as well and works pretty well.

3 Likes

Awesome, can’t wait to see your next build log so :blush:

3 Likes

@Riako Ok I am jumping now… That how it should look like at the end… :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

MiniAT_Assembly_Berg MiniAT_Assembly_Berg1 MiniAT_Assembly_Berg2 MiniAT_AssemblyBerg

9 Likes

WOOowwwww :open_mouth: fkn madness render… this is a mini-bully too in some way ! Good continuation sir :+1:

2 Likes

I have to find a super hero name now :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Molto bene! :slight_smile: very much like your design. What a cool project

3 Likes

Grazie mille! I hope it turns out as I dream…

Can’t wait to see this come together.

1 Like

Soon soon. Just waiting to close the GB and order the parts… I want to go over bumbs and rocks as a champ :rofl:

So this will be a separate deck from bullydeck? Why 2 separate decks?

1 Like

Because this one is a 31 inch deck. It is to replace my spud for commute. I always ride with heavy back pack to go around the city. I want something that I don’t have to care about bad roads. Bully deck is gonna be a monster :rofl: but 37inch is not feasible for everyday. I need something I can fit in the closets and bring it on the train ecc… It will get the electronics I have on my board at the moment. I need the new 60Kv motor to pair with MAD Fury, wheels and deck. The rest is already done.

Instead of the riser I want to use adjustable base plate but I stopped my self by making adjustable base plate for caliber and Paris truck. Probably next project :wink: so I can get rid of the riser.

4 Likes

Will you sell these? Or just making one for your self. I’m super interested in the 31’ one.

1 Like

Yeh I always share my projects. I will let everyone know if it feasible to provide it. I was planning to make available the BullyDeck but thst one is costing me a fortune, so not sure it will be possible to bring it here at a reaseanable price. This will be way cheaper for sure.

2 Likes

Things are getting interesting…

8 Likes

As tradition for ongoing test… About 500km of pure love…:grin: Simbolic spot… Where everything started last year while testing the MAD hubs 130Kv…

IMG_20190404_091743 IMG_20190404_091818

16 Likes

Is that a unik enclosure?