MAD Fury. MAD hubs Direct Drive conversion

ou man, this is so sad. I like your ideas and your work so much and you didnt deserve shit like this. Horns up

2 Likes

ahahaha well is a learning curve. The bad things that I tasted the concrete due to that. It happens

1 Like

well spoken, man. Just the idea to convert a hub into direct drive is genius. Im looking foreward your future projects with tons of popcorn…hopefully you will suceed

1 Like

Thanks man, appreciate.

1 Like

haha yea we are here all climbing the learning curve one puff of magic smoke at a time:)

Tho that’s sad story with your vesc:/

With me 5he vesc worked very well for months. Except the low braking thst is solvable and the voltage be off. Then all of the sudden one explode. People with knowledge in VESC told me that the ceramic capacitors (the origin of the problem) doesn’t not explode like that. It’s probably due to continuous vibrations. I had everything locked down and damped with foam ecc… But Yeh possible

Hellas. Will you make the kegel adapter an option for the DD GB?

That would be tits!

1 Like

it’s already in the quotation I sent. ABEC, kegel. Now thay there is the 60Kv option, I was thinking to some 5 inch pneumatic too or Bergmeister. I also thought that in case the price is still too high I could just let them do the flat pulley in front and then we can model the adapter to be 3D printed so everyone can design and make and share his adapters. I think it would be cool, and cheaper for sure.

3 Likes

Just a bit of sun today to record a ride. Unfortunately I used my phone to take the telemetry data and with the new app I used the GPS was taking the speed every 4 sec and stopped in the middle of the ride. 4 sec are way too long so impossible to synchronise it with the video. Anyhow I left almost all the raw footage of the 5km ride.

General stats:

• Rider weight 85kg
  • 12s3p
  • 97mm wheels
  • Max speed recorded 45kmh (I think I reached 50kmh max today, I tried but I didn’t feel stable. Probably is because I played with the trucks and now they are too loose. Didn’t want to finish the video with me scratching the concrete. Funny to see it but not to try it :grin:)
  • Battery from 50.4V to 47.3V
  • Motors temp just after the ride 55^C

I will try to record another one with the telemetry by using other apps, sorry guys. Please @Ackmaniac make your app Unity compatible. Was so easy to show telemetry before.

Max speed recorded I think at 8:15 and 10:21

10 Likes

This is also why I haven’t switch to unity yet. I like ackmaniac better for this purpose. Running dual focbox

1 Like

Unity is great but if you don’t have metr there is nothing to do. I know Enertion is making the app but it will take a while

1 Like

I have metr but I can’t use it as I have feather remote. It uses uart. I could use the other 2 uart ports but I need to be able to change the baudrate.

I don’t think ackmaniac is ever gonna be available for unity. I read somewhere that unity’s fw isn’t open source. I could be wrong tho

You should invest in a Metr Pro module for telemetry, they have had updates rolling out pretty regularly and work with everything including 4x4 now :stuck_out_tongue:

Great work with these drives btw!

2 Likes

Thanks! I know it’s great but I can not justify myself to spend almost 100$ for that. I guess I will wait Enertion app

WIth the unity you can change the baud rate but if you already have father remote there then not. If you have other vesc then just attach it to the slave.

I know you can change it but not the internal UART ports as far as I know. It only does it for the external one. I might have to reread sofus thread again.

In order to use the internal ones (where unity’s BT is connected), you need to be able to switch the baudrate. There’s a “special” firmware floating around for this. I have it. Tried it but somehow unity app does not recognize this custom firmware so it disconnects. I may have to play w this again to see if I can get it to work.

1 Like

Ah ok, yes in that case you need the custom firmware. You can try to contact metr they are rather fast in solving this problem. Plus it will be useful for others too since a lot of people is switching to unity.

Nice ride ! Looks like a geared drive in the big hill ! brake and re-start … looks really a lot better than the MTO9055!!Impressive in fact :wink:

… ha… I think I missed a step.

I think I have read that the motor doesn’t get the temp sensor. Did you add it ?

No if you see the end of the video I used a tempeture meter to read it :wink:

1 Like

ho yes ! Thanks ^^ Hooo and +60°C for the trucks !.. hotter than the motor so … interesting !! I didn’t know that.

(For sure your mad fury hanger will help !