MAD Fury. MAD hubs Direct Drive conversion

Heat shrinks is good to keep it isolated, so I would do that. You have to remove the enamel in that spot to make the connection then solder

Mean time one set done for kegel adapter for new DD. Since it snug fit I might do it also for the MAD Fury, so if someone want them he can also use boa 100mm.

You know that feeling… Snug fit :laughing:

8 Likes

U have to scratch all the enamel off from the three ends when u solder them together, (just make a small nub with them wound n soldered together) and seal the connection after soldering, and get some heat resistant epoxy to pin everything down again and the winding probably isn’t held well to begin with. Omega heat resistant epoxy in the single pouch is simple and good

4 Likes

Could not find omega epoxy on Amazon what about this one?

https://www.amazon.com/J-B-Weld-37901-Temperature-Resistant/dp/B01IBOBY74/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?keywords=heat+resistant+epoxy&qid=1551644533&s=gateway&sr=8-7

jb has metal built in, better to avoid. ISnce it is on the stator probably no problem but I would choose something else. I use bison kombi metal good up to 100C or pattex super mix up to 150C

If ur trying to add a coating to the windings it must be a very thin resin

moreover befoer close up everything I would actually give it a try first. Assemble the bakc of the motor anad fix it on a truck. Then connect to vesc tool and read the kv. Once you succeed make a tutorial man!

1 Like

Ok, little update. I have been riding them for a while now and so far so good. I am really satifie from the performance, efficiency ecc…to be honest I didn’t expect such a good result. Anyhow some people made me think thst the current design is not bullet proof since for a like 2 cm there is a section of 8mm in diameter along the axle. This part is supported before and after but still it is the weaker point. Since few people asked for this kit I then adjust led the design to be a full 12mm steel axle. I am gonna open a thread tomorrow to see if there is interest in a second GB for these hubs and I will also give the opportunity to get this kit. If the interest is enough to be worth it to put time in it I will machine the new truck. All the rest is the same as before.

Here with the new truck

IMG_20190311_004312 IMG_20190311_004248 IMG_20190311_004300

I noticed that I never posted the stator size. Pretty decent one :grin:

IMG_20190309_003120 IMG_20190309_003157

7 Likes

As usual :blush: Great work Alessio !! I think I’m already in (I’m starting selling stuff for summer road trip build and a little cruiser that need this hubs ^^)

Waiting for some little cheap hub again for 2 years now! Thanks for making this happened a 2nd time :wink: :+1:

1 Like

I will open the thread tomorrow :wink: then we make the gommies one :grin:

1 Like

What speed have you achieved on these? Also, what’s the highest hill % you’ve gone on these?

1 Like

Swappable wheel adapters?

Could you post the new thread in here, I don’t want to miss this lol

2 Likes

Very interested dude

Do you foresee an adapter for small nummies? E.g Bergs

2 Likes

Here is with 97mm wheels https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/mad-fury-mad-hubs-conversion-to-direct-drive/83423/169?u=Rey8801. In the previous post you see with 90 wheels, something like 54kmh. That instant speed, never kept the full throttle long enough to gain more speed. Hill grade, I do the steepest hill of where I leave at 37-40kmh :laughing: Believe me is gonna be ok. At least at 12s, that how I use them.

1 Like

Ah Yeh I made it separate from the rest to be able to swap it. I have the kegel already model. The only thing that I only have the Popoca to test it out. I don’t have boa. If we decide to go for it and someone wants to ship me a single boa I could make ensure a perfect fit. Although I think should already work, but better to test it

2 Likes

No problem but I think 75Kv would be too much for those wheels. You won’t have great torque and brakes. Only 4wd I see potential.

2 Likes

Yeah definitely interested, really looking forward to the progress. Cool running and efficient DD please fill the void!

1 Like

Sure I will :wink:

Here we go…2nd round gauging interest open

1 Like