Low profile ABS enclosure NEW SHAPE!

To add to my previous post…I’ve sold a bunch of these already. Hasn’t anyone set up their build yet? It would be nice to get a little real world feedback with maybe some photos? No?

2 Likes

Hi @psychotiller, do you have some pictures of your set ups? It will be nice to see the creator’s own set ups. I am interested in how people access their on/off switch, charge port and voltage display. Cheers !

@sgaana I have several threads with pictures of my setups all over the place! Do a search and enjoy.

BOOM! 21" Low Profile Enclosure 4 wheel drive? http://www.ebay.com/itm/171967959530?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

4 Likes

I don’t entirely know how split enclosures work. Does that mean the center part will be exposed ?

It has a groove and lip in the middle…It seals together. Look at the top picture.

Whats the point of 2 pieces? Is it just because your printer wasn’t big enough ? Also, I would need to cut parts to access a power switch or to see the voltage display ? How do you seal it?

Yes. If you read the threads you will see it mentioned a couple of times how big my oven is. So you know, you don’t use a printer when vacuum forming…and as for cutting out ports or holes for your accessories, of course you have to. Why would you think you wouldn’t? Everybody does. We all have different parts, ideas and setups. The only way to work around that is to buy a complete. I’m making these enclosures by hand one at a time. The hard work has been done for you. If you want something specific all you need to do is give me some specifics. Or read my threads. You could make your own vacuum forming setup with the information I’ve written on the forums.

1 Like

I see, sorry for asking so many questions. Thanks for the info!

Nice idea! I wanna go 4wd one day.

Threw on @psychotiller’s ABS enclosure…looks much better than the hobby box I was using prior to this! I used the Tree nuts (or T-nuts) to secure the mount, also I put some foam weather stripping on the edges to keep debris out the box. I am very happy overall, thanks brotha!!!

7 Likes

Damn that looks good.

1 Like

Nice build Gatwod! Take some more pics and maybe make a build thread.

I know you have one on ES but there were never really pics of finsished product.

Love it! Looks fast!

@psychotiller you should make a boosted boards styled separate enclosures. I love the boosted boards look.

Sweet!!! That low profile looks bad ass…

Use thumb screws easier to open since you already have the T nuts in!

1 Like

If somebody wants to order separate enclosures all they would need to do is ask me! Give me some dimensions to work with. I won’t do a direct copy of boosted’s design though.

nice! @psychotiller I just ordered your 21 inch split enclosure.

So, if I understand correctly, the way people screw in enclosures is to drill a hole in the bottom of the board, screw something in and then have a t-nut on the top of the board ?

1 Like

You could just drill a wood/sheet metal screw of course pre-drilling a similar diameter hole through the enclosure but eventually the thread will wear out and it’s better to include a t nut + thumb screw/bolt.