Low Guido's How to build the cheapest (but still good) esk8 video

@elad.jj its an x-car beast 150A from hobbyking.

1 Like

nice video, that must have been a lot of work!! :thumbsup:

thanks @whitepony. It was actually quite a pain in the ass. Like the build itself would have taken me a few hours, it wasnt hard. but setting up the camera and filming every little thing was actually the painful part… I actually dont have a camera. I used my phone. and at the start I didnt even have a tripod. I had to go buy one halfway through the build because I was sick of pushing tool boxes and stuff around to balance the phone on. I got to the end of the build and was like “Sweet all I gotta do is slap this stuff on the board and im done” but then I realized that I had to set up the camera and get everything filmed. what waa like 2 mins of work turned into an hour of angles and lighting… OMG LIGHTING! dont get me started! lighting in my workshop is poor at best. i was shining torches on stuff and… gosh there was no second take either, once that hole is drilled its drilled. so some of the shots were not as clear as I would have liked but there was nothing I could do. also things like sawing and filing without putting my arm infront of the camera and blocking the shot meant that sometimes I was doing things at super awkward angles… it wasnt my best work LOL.

I really hope that people enjoy the video and maybe even learn something from it… or even just watch that heat shrink at 9:35 over and over… so satisfying.

despite being a pain I still had a heap of fun making it.

11 Likes

yeh it was totally worth it! :smiley: even me got to learn a few new things from it! Next time it will be easier… Thanks for the work you put into making it!

keep up the good work!! I know i appriciate it allot and i guess im not the only one…

seriously dat heat shrink doe!

I would recommend putting loctite onto the bolts instead of dripping it into the motor mounting holes.

1 Like

LOL yeah thats what I do. but unfortunately I fucked up the shot and had to retake. you notice I dont actually put any loctite in the holes, but mearly indicate that its used there.

not that it actually matters how you loctite just so long as you do.

2 Likes

Did not notice that. Good work! I was wondering how would you recommend calculating center distances for an adjustable mount? Mount has to be tightly clamped and the motor has to be attached… Kind of tricky.

@wmj259 i screwed the pulleys into a block of wood with the belt tensioned and measured the centre distance. that way there never has to be any adjustment. or you could just use a centre distance calculator online…

But that does need a fixed center distance with the pulley teeth/diameter for it to be calculated?

Im not sure I understand the question.

Belt calculators use pulley ratios and a center distance to calculate a belt length. So I wound need the two things to find a right belt.

I have found this one works pretty well http://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/

Yeah filming is a pain…even if you have all the equipment…then you need to edit it…kudos to the hard core youtubers out there…it’s almost a full time job

I actually kinda liked that there were no words…kinda shows how simple it can actually be…

@Michaelinvegas anyone who knows me will tell you that I talk. A lot. I dont like videos that ramble on and dont get to the Point. So I prefered to just so it. You can see what I’m doing and see the part names. If you wanna know more you can google the part or replay the sequence. Or you could just ask me.

Hey I got a dislike! Someone couldnt build their own board.

3 Likes

Or someone already did it wrong and now they’re seeing how easy it really should have been all along. Without you having to utter a word. Jerk. :smile:

Where’s the Dislike feeling like a failure button?

Sorry it was me… that shit look too easy I’m pretty sure there is a lot of cgi… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Great vídeo @lowGuido !! It’s very helpfull for all the people who are building their first esk8 like me. Thanks man :slight_smile:

because thousands of people have been asking me for a parts list, here it is! keep in mind I am not affiliated with any of the online stores that I got the parts from so I’m not naming names… But I think It should be pretty obvious.