Lou She's Esk8 on Kickstarter

If you’re very passionate, then please do. It’s in Wuxi. Backers have direct contact with the person based in their claimed China office in a private Facebook group. He has kindly invited any backers who are interested in to visit their office, to come directly to the office and meet him and check out their production. I will get more details about the specific address if you so require.

Thank you.

Please give me address. will he let me see the manufacturing or just show me an office? I have a business trip later this year, but i will go sooner if you can actually confirm he will let me see. I dont want to travel across the globe to see a desk.

1 Like

Another twist: https://www.voltaboards.nl/nl/voltaboard-dual-drive-carbon-elektrisch-skateboard.html (dutch)

These guys claim to have a patent on the hub motor design :joy: Check they’re GIF https://static.webshopapp.com/shops/184418/files/104747549/voltaboardshubmotorg.gif

2 Likes

Shit where did you find this?

I watched the replay of the stream…what a joke.

@caspa @michichopf @flatsp0t there are 6 flags in this thread already. Can we please resolve the debate, or at least let it fizzle?

I think the point is made on both sides for now. Can we end the debate with this summary?:

1. Some manufacturers do not honor trademarks, patents, or copywrite when the legal implementation is in another country.

2. This is more prevalent in some countries than others

3. Per OP, this thread is meant to be about a single esk8 offering, not about the broader cultural and legal challenges of globalized trade

5 Likes

I was actually researching the Dutch market on e-boards. Only found resellers of Koowheels and this one. Didn’t notice that these boards were Chinese knockoffs untill this thread opened

Isn’t that a rebranded bisek?

This…This is why i challenge. It is to inform buyers what is going on. Am i wrong for helping buyers? Please remember i have nothing on the line to be bias. But what do i get? Sh*t for it.

@michichopf asked me what experience i have. I told him this is my day job. I work 24/7 for 5+ years running my own business dealing with manufacturers in China. Its not like im talking out my ass.

1 Like

No. That is just not true. (at least from my side).

The info you give is just ok and good to know.

It is just the way you “informed”. It was kind of the “Baseball bat” method you used.

I personally understood your point at the first post, and i have no reason to trust either of you.

Your posts just were a bit too agressive and condescending for my taste.

I actually thing you are right in some points, most stuff in Esk8 industry is just rebranded crap.

But i also can understand @michichopf. If the board rides good, and there is a company in switzerland that has to back warranties by law, it is not completely bad.

I would still be false marketing, but i dont think that can be a reason for us to argue on that level we did.

1 Like

Take a look at the hubs and check all the Winboard products. Its in there just like the Lou

https://www.voltaboards.nl/nl/voltaboard-dual-drive-carbon-elektrisch-skateboard.html

Looks exactly like the Winboard GT-M6 mentioned earlier. (https://www.carbonfiberskate.com/product/gt-m6-carbon-fiber-electric-skateboard/)

The founders of the Lou Board said Winboard is just a reseller, can anyone confirm this?

I didnt tell anyone to shut up. i think it was you who told me to shut up and got personal. Yes i was aggressive, but it was not personal.

I never once went on the personal level. Did i call you names? did i tell you to shut up?

At this time there is only one chinese hub that is on all these boards with the slightest modifications (propably colour).

There are actually a few chinese hub motors. If your talking about the Lou/winboard/dutch. yeah they are the same.

@flatsp0t

1. Its false marketing
  2. they are using crowd funding, its not as if they rebranding only.
  3. They keep lying. Warranty depends on if they feel like honouring + they dont technically have to honour kickstarter backers. Its a “donation”.
2 Likes

Probably not all the same… same manufaturer maybe… but for working with chinese company tou should know that you can also customize there product to fit your need…

1 Like

Just compare the specs. Its that easy. They are both 80mm, 800w. (i dont have the specs with me so research yourself).

Same motor, same trucks, same design, same carbon fibre idea, same remote…man its the same. end of story. Winboard had the hub motor for 2-3 years now? How can winboard copy Lou if their motor was not even out yet. I also like how Lou claims Winboard is a reseller…they are not.

Then your only talking out of your ass… :laughing:

1 Like

Because you are not being courteous, you come across as aggressive and kind of a dick. Just say what you want to say, people will either listen or not. You don’t have to argue.

* I swear that is the last time I try to teach someone to not be an asshole…

2 Likes

Yeah maybe… who know… :wink:

1 Like