Lou She's Esk8 on Kickstarter

All the evidence you need is to look at the previous products/models Winboard offers.

The previous model GT-M6 - Carbon fiber - Same wheels - same trucks. basically, your backing Winboard. https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/WINboard-GT-M6-replaceable-motor-PU_60618224267.html

Winboard has been in business for many years. So-Flow (Lou) magically appears and “apparently” has a factory in China that makes exactly the same Winboard manufacturing wise? Get the f-out. No need to be sherlock f-kin holmes to know something is fishy.

Your backing Winboard, let that be clear. The board performance is another subject. Is it good? I hope so. But stop letting scammy companies get away with lying. “Swiss engineering”…

Its easy to tell So-Flow and Winboard are working together. No need to ask the Scammer(Lou) if they are, its like asking a snake oil salesman if his product is genuine. No need to ask as you have so much evidence.

Fishy points:

• So-Flow website resells products from China. They took off Stary.
  • Kickstarter good comments. (look at the account age and comment history, made in April with 1 comment.) There is a grandad-ma saying perfect for her grankids…wow, suspicious as F! Obviously the comments is to push the bad comments down. -Red dot award is nothing, anyone can apply and you pay money to use the logo. -Look at Winboards previous models. -So-flow has no history of manufacturing boards. They do have history of reselling tho! All of a sudden they appear and make the same style - trucks - wheels as winboard?
7 Likes

The Lou on the Kickstarter page and the GT-M7 both have that ugly lid on the back. Did Manuel say anything about that? The prototype clearly doesn’t have one and it looks great. (http://i.imgur.com/VGz3kqg.jpg)

Also it’d be nice to know if the battery compartments of the Lou 1.0/2.0 and Lou 3.0 are the same size. That would make it easy to replace the 2Ah battery with the bigger 3Ah battery.

You are completely right and wrong at the same time as I understood it.

First WINboard is only a reseller, they never touch design at all. They buy trading rights of various products.

Secondly the Factory builds boards according to the wishes of their customers. So how I understood it after meeting them and trying to understand both sides i came to this conclusion. They modified the hubs on the drawing board (slightly though, I have seen both), they choose which trucks they want to go with. Then they actually designed the board (size, wheelbase, cutouts etc.) hence the design patent. Then they choose an also existing remote from that factory and slightly upgraded it and also put a display on it. The final upgrades will involve “seperate boxes” inside the board which hold the battery, the electronics etc. To ensure serious water resistance.

So did they invent hub motors? No, existing one upgraded and changed to their liking.

Did they invent super crazy trucks? No, esxisting trucks (also existing trucks used by almost every board manufacturer)

I could go on, but the point is they toock components they like, upgraded and changed them in different ways, put them on their own deck design and found some original ideas along the way ( swappable deck cover, boxes compartement).

So if you expect of every “new” board to come out to have a new approach to trucks, motors and everything else you will mayby find 2-4 who actually inovate and bring the esk8 community to unknown territory (like carvon with their new boards, never done before) but trying to hold a board that cost you 249.- to the same standard to a board that costs 2900.- is also a little unfair. They never claimed best, fastest or anything.

You could make the same rant about maytech,turningy,enertion, lhb etc to just copy motors and therefore they must be shit. Even though they are used and loved by the community.

And lastly. Soflow owns all right to the lou, but is part of E-xperience which are around for a long time and doing direct sales with rather big player here in switzerland.

1 Like

The heatsink plate was removed in later stages. Since it was a problem for water resitance. The difference between 2.0 and 3.0 is not only battery size. The 3.0 has very different insides. The inside is different by both boards. Respecting the wishes and not posting more info or pictures.

hi i’m new in this platform but definitely one of the first in the Lou bandwagon.

As i understood it, you and the other eskaters would have the boards for a few days to test it? How’s it going so far?

So far all I know is in this Thread above. We will receive and upgraded version in a few days. Videos, test informations coming out then.

As i said, you can ask the snake oils salesman. I believe Winboard and Soflow are working together. Every item so-flow is reselling, you can find the same products on Winboards alibaba.

“They modified the hubs on the drawing board (slightly though, I have seen both”.

You don’t think so-flow and winboard are upgrading together? I guarantee, purchase the most up-to-date hub motor from Winboard and compare it to Lou.

“So if you expect of every “new” board to come out to have a new approach to trucks, motors and everything else you will maybe find 2-4 who actually innovate and bring the esk8 community to unknown territory (like carvon with their new boards, never done before)”

I don’t expect every skateboard company to have unique parts but every little parts/detail the same? - the same specs? Winboard GT-M6 looks exactly like the build quality of Lou. Lou is just smaller. I mean everything. Winboard GT-M7 (the one they took down) is EXACTLY the same as Lou. You can only copy so far, but to have the same exact specs, i dont know how to put it black and white to you. ITS THE SAME!

“You could make the same rant about maytech,turningy,enertion, lhb etc to just copy motors and therefore they must be shit. Even though they are used and loved by the community.”

Let me clear this up for you. Did i say Lou is shit? I just don’t like the deceitful lying. Dont think that is hard to understand. If they admit and said “we are working with another company in China to guarantee it is up to standards.” I won’t have a problem. + I dont see Maytech etc using crowdfund. You are basically backing a reseller that is meant for real small innovators, there is a difference.

I backed Eon Unlimited which makes the motors and parts in China. I don’t have a problem with that because they are open. the the pretentious “swiss engineering” bullshit.

4 Likes

They are having a livestream on kickstarter to answer backer questions or the public’s (im not sure), in an hour - 1900 swiss time. I hope they can answer all these suspicions and clarify the whole Winboard situation transparently and honestly.

1 Like

What is the point? If Winboard and Lou are working together. I Say this again. Why are you relying on snake oils salesman word. If all evidence point to them being dishonest, aint that enough?

if they are working together, they both have worked out the “patents” months ago. Lou will just keep denying, while Winboard is laughing to the bank.

The red dot award, ANYONE can apply. If you win, you have to pay few hundred/grands to use the Red-dot logo. A lot of companies do it for marketing. Thats why there are so many “awards” you never heard of in your life.

Its fine if you want the board, hopefully it is good. I dont question if the board is good or not. But do i think so-flow/lou are truthful? Hell to the f-no. how dare they use crowdfund like that and lie. “swiss engineering”…come on guys. You dont need to be sherlock holmes to know its BS.

2 Likes

Understand your point now.

I actually won’t dab in to the whole origin debate anymore. I have to little information and expertice on it to offer a valid point. I can only say what I think and know from the limited information I have.

I will from now on only talk about the board and its performance and how it rides, since that is more my Field :slight_smile:

1 Like

If most products so-flow resells are the same on Winboard alibaba scratches head im not sure why you need to be an expert to know its bullshi*t.

So-Flow has no experience what so ever nor history designing/manufacturing electric skateboard. All of a sudden they have identical board + can promise the board to be ready in 1-2 months? Mellow/Eon took years to manufacture from scratch.

Holy shitballs, i really need to rebrand another skateboard because it is unbelievable how easy it is to fool people. Anyone want to partner up and fund my re-branding project?

1 Like

I mean go ahead, ask those questions here : https://live.kickstarter.com/soflow/live/lou-live-stream-1-1

I have no answers, but you are randomly agressive about the whole thing :).

I won’t pretend I know the whole story to everything here, I can only tell you what I experienced and heard, and that was all positive so far.

1 Like

Not sure if i have made this clear. Do i expect the snake oil salesman to be honest? Not going to repeat again.

Just think, they managed to make Winboard take off GT-M7 off their alibaba/website in few hours after suspicion aroused. Sooooo many foreign companies cant do that for YEARSSSS because Chinese do not give a shit about copyright. If Chinese dont give a shit about big multinational companies, why would Winboard give two sh*t about a small swiss company?

Obviously, they are working together. Im sure Lou will showcase the patents and award, but does it mean anything?

Of course i am pissed, they using crowdfund to scam with "swiss engineering* and people are eating that sh*t up.

1 Like

You have made your point. I think it is enough now. It starts to get repetetive.

If you ask the same questions. “ask them” you get the same answer.

He said he is out on anything except ride quality.

You ignored it and started repeating yourself.

He said he will not argue with you about it, you repeated again.

Enough is enough

2 Likes

Did you miss him saying “go ahead and ask them on live stream”

Very well said.

1 Like

I apologise if it comes off as aggressive, im not aggressive to you, please dont be mistaken. i just want people to know the truth. I guess im just passionate to call out the bullshit when i see one.

1 Like

Was on the livestream the whole time. Overall they seem to be answering most of the questions well, tho it was super obvious that they avoided david-ngo’s question. This guy asked questions about their office location in china, questions on motor KV, sensored/non-sensored, and motor size, patent questions among a few. As a backer this is definitely something fishy to think about.

1 Like