Loss of power to focboxes calling all enertion experts

Its displaying the characteristics of can bus failure. No power or anything. I fixed both my can bus focboxes by removing the chips. They are right here image

As the thing is bricked already and you use split ppm you could try snipping it off as it won’t affect it even if it turns out to be something else. Heres the full thread

@Jansen just run through the obvious power checks first like connecting it to the cabling you know works. I presumed you did that already but please do that first if you haven’t.

2 Likes

Dang, No luck bro… I tried all of the power and connector checks and Im still getting power to the focbox and out the phase wires but still can’t figure it out. Went ahead and tried cutting off the canbus chip but that didn’t help at all either. I noticed only one thing and that is that one little diode I believe. Let me get a pic and Ill send it over to see if you think that could be my issue maybe…

C12 on the bottom left corner of the last pic is the only i noticed and can’t tell the difference from my other FOCBOX still working and this one that will not show that any signs of getting power to it even though I’ve tested to find out that power is going through it still… wtf! Been trying to figure this shit out all dam night and. Is the sun is coming up… fml. Just want a board for my vacation I leave for today in a few hours and all 3 of my builds are out of commission, 2 with only one FOCBOX working and 1 I’m waiting for a unity to finally ship. Ahhhhhhhh. So lame. Everything else is fine and ready on all 3 builds too. Dammit! What shitty luck to blow to focboxes on 2 different builds in the same week after 6-12 months of use on each build and no changes to warrant this happening. Lmk if you have any thoughts or input after looking at the pics and if you think that missing diode could be causing my issue. Thanks again brotha.

image image image image

That sucks mate really. Above my paygrade from here on in I’m afraid. Sorry I couldn’t be more help. Where are you based because they can be repaired

Darn thanks for the help thus far though bro. I’ve already learned some things with your guidance so appreciate it. And yeah I was going to hit up @JohnnyMeduse who is one person I always see people talk about fixing them right? Im in the OC (SoCal USA). Do you know where I could look to try and find someone local in Cali to repair it by chance? Thanks again

1 Like

@ThermalM16 (I hope this is right) is your guy for USA vesc repairs, if the Canadian post takes too long

2 Likes

A for effort, My buddy @ThermalM16 is the droid you’re looking for.

3 Likes

Greatest heck. So close.

3 Likes