Looking for VESC Heatsink kit

be careful with the adhesives they use - make sure they aren’t using insulating adhesive tape.

1 Like

Hey @Torqueboards - i’d buy a few to put on my existing VESCs - never bad to have better cooling. And i’ll be getting the v6 VESC as soon as it comes out too! Hope you and @Chaka have those available once finalized.

1 Like

You can buy the heat sink kit from @chaka right now on his site too.

@Jinra that is a add-on item only

On a related matter. Does anybody knows where to get the spacer use in the heat sink kit from ollinboards ?

Just thought he’d sell it stand-alone. If not, I bought these myself for my Enertion Vescs.

They come with 3m thermal pads so they stick on the mosfets pretty well. I imagine you can get the nylon standoffs at digikey.

1 Like

Thank you I’ll try you way :slight_smile:

im looking at adding heatisnks to my vesc aswell. i already have my aluminum but am wondering how do secure them to the board? is there anything i could get from a hardware store that would work? i thought of pc thermal paste but it isnt adhesive so id still need a way to fasten the aluminum.

Hi guys, You could make an heat sink for your Vesc at home recycling an old Graphics Card.

1 Like

im doning something similar. just cant decide on how to fasten the heatsink to the board. probably gonna do zip ties and thermal paste lol. i dont really have any other ideas, the aluminum i have isnt possible for me to drill through it with my shit tools

I’ve used plastic screws and the zip tie, modified to let It pass throught the heat sink. You only need a Dremel to modify the piece and a drill for the holes, obviously with thermal past.

What thermal adhesive should I use? I’m not using anything right now on the replacement heat sink you sent me, and I don’t want any vesc issues.

I use standard silver thermal paste. Does the job just fine. There’s also the adhesive paste, but I’m a little worried that it might cause some issues with all the vibrations and the heatsink being so much larger than the chips. I used shrink tube over the whole thing and cutout holes around the Heatsink just leaving the edges and corners. Holds it in there pretty well.

Here’s a pic of my heatsink before I shrink wrapped it. Picked up the heatsink and paste off ebay for a few bucks

4 Likes