Looking for custom-machined Meepo hanger for Avenue baseplate 200mm

Bought Verreal V1.5, love it. Bought Avenue trucks, love them.

Looking for a wizard to mill up a couple of aluminum Avenue + Meepo motor-compatible hangers (200mm, front and rear)

Of course, out of respect to their inventor, if anyone from Avenue wants the plans for these hangers, all IP is theirs to keep.

Merely seeking a couple of machined hot-rod hangers (front and rear) to Avenue-up my “Psycho Meepo Mellow BuddyBuddy Verreal”. :slight_smile:

karl@ boardfeel . com thx

4 Likes

why dont you just use the 90mm front wheels on the avenue trucks? as for the motors, this should help. it’s easier to do https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/6250

2 Likes

appreciate the innovation, guys! Positively inspiring, what a community @donta42 @ctincristy

I FOUND A LINK TO SOMEONE THAT MAKES CUSTOM HANGERS FOR MEEPO/ WOWGO/ OWNBOARD/ etc MOTORS THAT ARE COMPATIBLE WITH AVENUE!!! https://photos. app.goo.gl/1EVsnFTcMcB4FxEh8 Delete that ^ space to get the link

(thanks Nicklas Jensen for the link)

Indeed the lathe idea is great, but keep in mind the meepo/wowgo back truck might not have the best quality metal around. If you plan on doing that, I suggest trying to reinforce the truck by welding some rods on the edges (because they will be sawed off when you shorten that section). I will see if I find any lathe like that in my city and hopefuly will do a similar mod. what is your current board configuration?

2 Likes

that’s @donta42 :slight_smile:

IMG_2804IMG_2792P8127806IMG_2069

Don and his brother built this hanger-adapter, and before any haters get salty, this mod is cool with Avenue.

Coincidentally, I checked on this topic with my guy at MoFo when I did the paperwork on Boardfeel.

Lawyer said a hanger is considered a vehicular ‘wear part’ (grinding) and hangers are sold independently of trucks (established market) - so making a hangar is no different than making your own axle for your car (voids manufacturer warranty).

Yet this further differentiates because it bolts to Chinese hub motors, turning what was a “skateboard hanger” (their quotes) into an “electrically motorized power-train adapter” (their quotes).

Avenue has a patent on the entire apparatus so I spent a little to ensure his IP is protected by our upcoming campus cruiser, which will source a similar (or the exact same) adapter. I hope we drive Avenue tons of customers.

We could invent around Avenue’s base like Acton laughably tried to, but there’s no need; Avenue is the real deal, they’re the Brembo brakes of baseplates, and I have them on both my analog boards.

With that out of the way, we have encouraged Don to consider running his first group buy here on our forum! If there’s serious interest, we can run a poll to see if Don (or another builder) can get a production run going.

Perhaps we can also get @Kug3lis to create a version of his sweet, sweet new Caliber-compatible hangers to fit in the Avenue RKP base (if you need one bro, I’ll send you a base FedEx today lol)

Awesome guys, super inspiring. Thanks for sharing the stoke!

1 Like

Thanks for checking the paperwork. nice to see that. Thank you @donta42 for what you’re doing. I also shared these links in the facebook groups. Around 1k meepo-style board users should see it. Hoping at least 100 people will buy (if the price is right). Good luck!

2 Likes

Hey there @ctincristy! Thanks for the share! Any chance you can add me on the FB group??