Look like a new Evolve is on the way

If they don’t replace the ESC and BMS and remote, they are doomed.

5 Likes

Absolutely. Full electronics overhaul is very necessary but I doubt that will happen. Jeff would have looked at what evolve mods have been going on and acted accordingly the cheapest way possible. New battery and bigger motors is my guess for an 800 buck increase. Call it the GTO or some other such bullshit. Hope I’m wrong and they put out a decent upgrade.

As for doomed no way They have a fiercely loyal customer base.

2 Likes

Yeah. I mean I’m a 21 year old know-nothing, but it seems other companies have the escooter game wrapped up. Boosted had a good thing with their skateboards because they were the first to do it and do it big, not because they are incredibly well engineered.

I’ll eat my words if I’m wrong, but I think that scooter is gonna flop.

2 Likes

“Zero wires” though? I mean who comes up with this shit?

So is it just a disjointed pile of mediocre components then?

Li-ion cells. What a game changer :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

**I own a bamboo GTX, which I enjoy riding and do not regret buying. Evolve marketing is :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Looks like a holder system similar to nese modules. Maybe they have a ghost in here. Fuck I’ve been slagging off Jeff for ages and he only lives down the road. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Maybe it’s a pcb based so the bms wires are integrated into the pcb.

3 Likes

We adhere the cells to each P group, but this method can maintain flexibility per cell. Manufacturing costs may also be reduced. There is no need to solder the balance wire. I think it is a good manufacturing method.

1 Like

InBoard and Boosted are going after the scoot scoot market because it’s a different market. People generally would try a scooter before they would a skateboard because it handlebars and familiar turning. Their profit on electric skateboard is definitely what it used to be since social media is full of us pointing people the other brands and DIY.

1 Like

I am heading EvolveHQ to the Launch to check it out, only 10 mins away. I see this board more as a bug fix, then a revolution. seriously an a more flexable enclosure app & RGB strip.

2 Likes

18650’s.

REVOLUTIONARY SHIT

4 Likes

Don’t be silly. You can’t put 18650s in a skateboard. Everyone knows that.

/s

10 Likes

Yea too many solder joints SO MANY THINGS CAN GO WRONG

2 Likes

Lets guess price increase. Going by general evolve markup and the price of their cheap prismatics I would say these boards will sell for $2550

2 Likes

They want to beat Acton before is too late. :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I heard rumors from a facebook page that it’s going to be a gear drive…?

just speculation don’t bust my balls

2 Likes

So the one thing they did do right, they’re going to fuck up?

Plus, you know Evolve HEAVILY censors facebook and other places where it’s able to. So you can’t really trust a single iota of information from there.

3 Likes

Vegas is betting 3>1 Evolve is gonna fckup

giphy

2 Likes

saw this on reddit

Screenshot_2019-05-08-21-48-38 saw

5 Likes

“For over a decade Evolve has set the benchmark for the world’s highest performance electric skateboards”

Legit question: is that at least half true? I never heard about Evolve before coming to this forum and starting my DIY build. There are popular things like the Focbox (RIP), the Fly Wheels, but I’m not sure I’ve ever saw something from Evolve?

3 Likes

They’re just popular around the masses

4 Likes