Look like a new Evolve is on the way

Yes 10cccc

1 Like

I think most people do not have problems with a 10s battery. According to my forecast, the best-selling 12s esk8 is Inboard M1.12s1p.

1 Like

Enjoyed reading your review :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gotta stop somewhere is gorgious!

the reason is more that I wonā€™t do more than 45 km per session and during working days it should be 12-15 km one way with hybrid travel (subway or train), so to balance configuration, weight, ground clearance I think that 12s4 /12s5 (I do not have any stockoption registered with Samsung) are one of the most reasonable settings. perhaps a 10s5 or why not a 10s6 configuration should be an option to extend this short-list (better autonomy at the cost of lower high-speed or torque).

my weight is 195-200 lbs

it is not a question driven by budget, as mine is quite open (< 2300 EUR excluding VAT and shipping).

Thank you!

Great review. Very informative and detailed explanations given the time you had with the board. Thereā€™s a lot to digest and itā€™s given me some ideas (to copy, ahem, evolve upon) in my own enclosure CAD efforts.

Thanks for the info :+1:

3 Likes

I believe this was earlier, look at the date! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

it Doesnā€™t require a cristal ball to post forecast like this, except NDC (NearDeath Company), recurrently vendors update their product catalog. so yes Evolve as others will produce more performant hardwares and also more expensive. I hope they will take in consideration heaviest rider setting as 200-220 lbs are more and more common. and even if they did some optimisation on power restitution using 35E rather than 30Q battery (many thanks @sofu for the review). 12S4 ou 12S5 are expected from us.
Of course you wonā€™t increase speed or torque upgrading motors only w/o impact on autonomy if you donā€™t upgrade also the batteries.

The only way to increase speed/torque of an engine w/o impact on ge batterie will be to increase motor efficiency, but electric motors nowadays are very efficient, and <5% points of efficiency are certainly possible at an expensive price that does not value the extra cost. As my wife is telling it to me: Weigh Watcher Programs will do better job than motors upgrade w/o battery upgradeā€¦

Youā€™re welcome. Sometimes it needs a builder to tell others how well build something is and not another egocentric selfie stick person (which I also watch but only for amusement :sunglasses:) throwing buzzwords around.

4 Likes

:question:

1 Like

10S4P may be to restrictive for heavy (weight) riders , so I am looking for the best configuration to balance all variables:

• A matrix of 12 serial cells each of them are a set of 4 elementary batteries in parallel, 12S4 is for 12S4P = 12 x 4 = 48 batteries.
  • A matrix of 12 serial cells each of them are a set of 5 elementary batteries in parallel, 12S5 is for 12S5P for purist and it is 12 x 5 = 60 batteries.
  • A matrix of 10 serial cells each of them are a set of 5 elementary batteries in parallel, 10S5 is for 10S5P for purist and it is 10 x 5 = 50 batteries
  • A matrix of 10 serial cells each of them are a set of 6 elementary batteries in parallel, 10S6 is for 10S6P for purist and it is 10 x 6 = 60 batteries

As a bunch of 60 batteries can be arrange into 2 configuration 12 X 5 or 10 x 6, this option is opened also.

@Pura-Vida For me 12s4p is the sweetspot and those things are already very heavy. I have yet to do a session to empty a fully charged 12s4pā€¦ my feet/body giving up before the battery. For commuting 10s4p is plenty.

Fred you should just try some boards! Evolve World Tour will be in Luzern June 8th. Maybe they are somewhere near you in the French part of Switzerland around the same time?

Hi, @McErono,

thanks a lot, 12S4 will probably fit perfectly my needs but it seems that GTR are 10S4 so 12S4 share with you 20% more power than native GTR specification. and remember naked as a snake, or in Adamā€™s suite my weight is 200 lbs, so

I am 220lbsā€¦ 12sā€¦ do you want to commute at 60kmh? Otherwise 10s is fine :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Actually, the GTR are 10S4P

1 Like

You are the boss, I am the noviceā€¦ and before everything I have to go out of a gluing situation with low businesses e-sk8 company.

I need 12s for the DD but on belts I would be happy with 10s. My 12s belt board is tamed down a lot. So 10s4p on a GTR is perfect for a consumer board and most will still be shocked how these things fly in GTR modeā€¦

Why are they limiting to 10S4P and do not extend it to 12S4P or 12S5P?

A good amount of electronics we use are rated to 60V. 10s gives more head room for volatge spike, which result in a lower failure rate and less returns (in theoryā€¦) so good reason to donĀ“t go 12s on a production board.

4 Likes

As we are into the same slot 210 lbs +/- 10% will you set your choice on Bamboo or prefer a carbon design?

thank you, I was thinking that electonics and motors were able to run with 12-16S w/o issues, but cost saving by maintenance reduction is better than the other option that one vendor is doing here.