Look like a new Evolve is on the way

1 Like

Then there MUST be managment going on. We all know lithium ion cells, if you had the same torque going up hills at the start and end of the battery life that means that its managed. All li-ion batteries sag, so the evolve doesnt allow you to have everything when its fully charged to kewp it consistent through the battery.

Its the only explanation

1 Like

I think the bottom line is if they can deliver on promised performance and range, the average consumer doesn’t really care what kind of cells they use. Though that remains to be seen by the masses.

11 Likes

Yeah, I’m don’t mean to say they don’t manage it, just they don’t doctor the speed. They discharge through the BMS so I don’t doubt they manage it on some level

I totally agree with this statement. I think some are going to be dissapointed with the speed of it though, I have a hunch. When you work out the max power the pack can put out at peak you realise its not a lot.

1 Like

Whos gonna wanna challenge me with the leaderboard with their new app :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Questions:

1. Why are they limiting to 10S4 and do not extend it to 12S4 or 12S5?
  2. What range can I expect with Street conf or new small inflatable wheels. My weight is around 95kgs?
  3. who is the direct competitor of new evolves (bambou and gtr) speaking diy and prebuild with ready to deliver delay < 3months, manufacturing quality?

Done.

27 Likes

Woahhh, what a great review. :heart:

2 Likes
  1. Why would they limit to 12s4p or 12s5p? Why not extend it to 14s8p? Cost, size, weight. Gotta stop somewhere.
3 Likes

Wow what a may may

2 Likes

Really nice review! I like how you included the technical side of things so us diy people enjoy the review just as much as people just looking to buy a pre built.(this is something lacking in the review scene at you nailed it!)

2 Likes

Great review Sofu!

The GTR really looks like a super polished product, I’m quite impressed. That batterypack is a work of art!

1 Like

@sofu any chance you have a picture of the inside of the battery enclosure without the battery in it?

1 Like

I’d take a Metroboard over an Evolve any day.

8 Likes

Has anybody got a picture of metroboard internals yet?

2 Likes

Great review! This is one of the best buys when buying Esk8 for the first time. I was interested in 35E 4p, but I am glad to hear the details. I think that 1cell 7amps is almost the maximum discharge in GTR. I think the power is balanced at 97mm wheel. I’m a little worried about Evolve being silent about the 107mm wheels.

I’m a little worried about Evolve being silent about the 110mm wheels.

1 Like

Can the new R2 remote select 107mm?

You can kinda see it in the background in this picture image

1 Like