Long throw headlights, what has worked best for you? Shredlights (etc), Bike Lights, Flashlights, custom?

get one one of these instead.

Its true 5000 lumens, not that chinese fake lumens http://www.xtruderlight.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/161101-WiseONE-Usermanual.pdf

Edit for datasheet

1 Like

i have one of there old leds and lenses, that i have been meaning to convert to some kind of headlight. IMG_20190319_200751 IMG_20190319_200805

I have those too. 3s battery pack stand-alone for external light systems can be used with step down​, has its own power switch and charge port.

20190320_002229

1 Like

That’s rad. Just went on a night ride. Dragged my board down three flights of stairs to realize i left my lights upstairs. Back upstairs to realize i plugged my lights in to the charger but didn’t plug charger into wall… Ride delayed by an hour over lights.

:expressionless:

2 Likes

I will send you one to try out. I have a set of shred lights I just converted to hard wire and will work with the setup. the 3s id 3 Samsung 30q, I tested it on a static 12 hours straight with the BT RBG LEDs on.

I believe both can run off the battery

1 Like

Not worthy. Thank you

wrong topic

i bought these motorcycle headlights off amazon. $20 for a pair. Best solution ive found so far. ive been experimenting with all types of lights for about 2 months now. VERY precise throw, with slight spread. The sticker serves as diffuser AND projector cutoff to avoid blinding people because they are B R I G H T!!!

Iv’e got the same light and am busy trying to add it to my board. What converter did you use to run this from your main battery? I’m trying to do the same thing at the moment.

I’ve tried a few light bars and this is currently is my favorite. Its a flood and spot light combo so gives you a pretty good balance of light throw and spread. used this one for a couple months now without any issues and i can never see my self using any sort of shred light or similar products again they just are not bright enough for going fast at night confidently. Also you get 2 of them for ONLY $30. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FNPRLJ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

My favorite headlights so far are ones that have been used a million times.

Most people are putting a small seperate battery in their build to power them. This is unneeccesarry becuase the light has a built in dimmer. This means that a current control device isn’t needed, as long as the leds have a matching voltage supply. I use an ordinary step down converter from china for it. Anything that drops the voltage (adjustable) is perfect. It just needs to be about 5w minimum of output