Long Haired Boy Scarlet Black Metal edition: Review

I need the settings from longhaired boy on my future raptor.

Ok I rode 15 miles today. I’m pretty comfortable on the board and I’m comfortable going full throttle, max speed, and doing full hard brakes. My riding was mostly flats with a couple of very mild rolling hills.

The next thing I’m wondering is the durability and reliability of the board. I’ll ride 15 miles a day this whole week and see if anything happens.

6 Likes

Damn, I’m jealous lol. Looks like a freakin blast to ride

The whole time I watched that video I was amazed at how fast those trees were going by…that’s how I can tell you were going f**** fast lol

All I could ever think about on my BB was how slow everything was going by when on open roads…cars passing me…cyclists passing me… Found it funny when you complained about not being able to go top speed because you’d catch up to cars too fast – something no one on any board has had to say :stuck_out_tongue:

15 miles on a 12s set up seems a bit odd. Makes me even more curious to test the range on the GT (a 10s set up) as I am aggressive on throttle as well…

what’s the weight of the board?

@Photorph this is a known behavior of BLDC motors; they have a “sweet spot” where at a certain rpm even higher acceleration is achieved; I don’t fully understand it but it’s got something to do with rpm, kv, and having the right battery for the motor(s) in use. We discussed it in a thread here somewhere, I’ll try to find it tomorrow.

1 Like

@Jinra the board is exactly 21.25 lbs. THis is probably the heaviest set up he has, biggest battery and biggest deck.

From this morning, maxing on a very slight decline. 6 mile run, batter only went to 74% which would theoretically indicate a 20+ mile range.

http://imgur.com/89QBCqp

battery life is non-linear, only way to know is to go the full length.

how many watt hours in the pack?

440wh

Lorem Ipsum

4 Likes

@Jinra Lorem Ipsum :joy: you must’ve done some web development in your day lol

@Photorph how often do you find yourself using the kicktail?

1 Like

I use the kick tail at very slow speeds or when I’m standing basically to make sharp turns, or just doing a 180 turn to go the other direction. If you see onloop’s latest vlog with the drone and raptor and how he uses the kicktail, I use it exactly like that. It’s not crucial to have, but it’s a lot easier to turn the board 180 without have to bend down and turn it with your hand like i did with the boosted. This board is huge, so there is a lot of real estate on it to move around.

3 Likes

Wanted to do a quick update.

-Charging time: less than 2.5 hours for going from 1 to 100%. Put in the charger and came back 2.5 hours later and it had a green light. I don’t know how much less than 2.5 hours though, but I’m happy with less than 2.5 hours.

-Range: I got 16.6 miles last time WITH 10% battery left and that was when I was maxing out the board quite a bit with average speed of 17 mph and hitting 37-38 mph a few times. This was on flat and smooth Tarmac. I weigh 140 lbs. no winds. Maxing the board drains batteries. I expect 20+ miles of range while riding at normal speeds.

-brakes: as long as you brake gently and ahead of time, you’re good. Going full throttle and slamming on the brakes causes failure.

-future videos: since it’s hard to video myself while riding, per recommendations from others I have purchased a POV action cam. Now just trying to figure out if I should do a chin mount or side mount on my helmet. Look out for POV videos on my channel “electric longboard” soon.

Any other test requests or video requests let me know.

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to this issue being fixed in the upcoming VESC revisions. But braking to hard can also cause face streeting, which is also a known issue that can lead to discomfort.

5 Likes

Oh another thing I forgot to mention, I wish there was like a kick tail guard. I guess I shouldn’t be popping this 22 lb board, but the kick tail is gonna lose it’s paint eventually from the bottom. And I stand the board up on that part as well. Doesn’t effect anything really, just won’t looks as pretty as it did when I first got i :frowning:

Worn out boards look better!:sunglasses:

1 Like

And here is my first POV style video. Audio is total shit because my mic isn’t here yet. This was my first time doing a helmet mount and setting up this gopro. Test was done at cruising speeds, I just wanted to see how the video turns out. Didn’t max out the board. Better quality POV style vids coming soon. What do you guys think about the side mount? That was really my only option on the predator DH6.

2 Likes

Hi,… do you know what KV the motors are ??

Enertion R-Spec 6355 190kv motors

2 Likes