London Meetup? I'll be in central London for one week from Aug 22 - 28. Who wants to skate?

today was so great! i just saw your picture you posted and wow i didnt know it looked so small! i swear it feels totally natural after a few turns!

1 Like

I’ve got one of the whole of you standing on it, I’ll pm it to you and then it’s up to you if you want to share it :thumbsup:

1 Like

thanks friend! I love the pic you posted! lets see what kind of reaction it gets. I cant believe how small it looks!

1 Like

@itsmikeholland you put us all to shame with that tiny little “death stick”, I managed about 2 meters on it before giving in like a girl but you were leading the pack on that tiny little thing - respect dude!

1 Like

By any chance was it one of you guys I shredded past Blackfriars road before having to turn off onto Clerkenwell? I was the guy on the Boosted.

2 Likes

@DavidBanner i swear you get used to it! we maybe shoudlve test on flat ground and not a bumpy hill.

I dont know his user name but the Raptor 2 hubs were insane! I think I may just jump on board and get some hubs. dual diagonal might be interesting

oh boy hahha welcome to the forum! what did the board look like? we dont typically get “shredded past” but ill take your word for it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

no doubt, but you are the dude who built and cruised around London at 25 mph dodging traffic without needing to be reassured - balls of steel award to you :wink:

I don’t think it was us, we didn’t see any other esk8ter

That was Mark who had the R2

What’s Mark’s nick here? I don’t think he frequents here, he doesn’t do DIY haha

well I usually have to put up with LA drivers. People drive quite well here in London! That one taxi couldve killed us all coming up the hill on our way to the first pub. Mustve been not even an inch or two from hitting my bag!

ahhh very true, i doubt he’d be on the forum after openly admitting to hating DIY

1 Like

It was a single motor build with a black fibreglass battery box (lol could be any one of 100 boards). We crossed paths one of the most dangerous cycling sections in London, so you can imagine what it’s like to board on :slight_smile: Thus I didn’t get much of a chance to chat as I was too busy trying to stay alive.

To be fair I was on a dual+ Boosted going up a hill, I don’t tend to take my DIY’s onto that road after I had a battery fail that almost killed me.

if it was the corner of Fleet st and Blackfriars maybe it was us?

haha all of us had single drive with black battery boxes! wasnt me though, ill let whoever it was introduce themselves if they see fit. We disbanded over a few hours so it may very well have been one of us!

except Mark who was rockin that sexy dual hub Raptor 2

those hubs were ridiculous. I should mention though that they felt very very similar to @Menjos hubs that were purchased from torqueboards. He has some of the same issues that Mark was having as well.

Whoever it was we spoke briefly and I had a nosey at their board. It was at around 6pm. It’s great meeting fellow esk8’ers on the roads, having a friendly conversation while doing 25mph on London’s shitty roads should be an extreme sport.

Any of you in East London?

I don’t think any of us stopped so it probably wasn’t us. Good to know there’s a few eSk8ers in and around London though, I feel so alone in my town :frowning: lol

Anyway, welcome dude, perhaps you can make the next meetup? :thumbsup: