London Meetup? I'll be in central London for one week from Aug 22 - 28. Who wants to skate?

Nice! I wonder how they preform. Smoother ride than abecs?

It is smooth, not as much grip as Abecs as you can imagine, they’re only 25mm wide compared to 50mm flywheels, but enough to be honest, I don’t ride mega hard or carve loads.

I tried bigger wheels because of the roads, cycle paths and pavements around where I ride are atrocious!

1 Like

So where’s everyone coming in from?

I’m coming from here:

This looks awesome, so bummed my board is out of commission :cry:

Brixton, Mannnnn ! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Here is my map so far of confirmed places that have publicly usable power sockets…

If anyone knows of any others and can add them, please do!

made it through Barca security no problems fook yeah!! No wipe down like at LAX, just a quick glance in my bag is all!

2 Likes

guys why is my airbnb host telling its illegal to use an electric skateboard here! Is this so?? Im gonna cry if its true!

your host sounds: a) uninformed b) a dick

:slight_smile:

1 Like

whew! is there any rules I should know? Im gonna right in the heat of all the touristy things, I assume sidewalks are no gos but bike lanes are fine?

Electric skateboards are a grey area here. There was a case this or last year about a guy who was drunk on his 4WD Eboard and the police wanted to charge him with DUI but case was thrown out by the courts because they believe ‘no reasonable person would see him as a road user’.

I’ve passed police cars and foot patrol and never had any problems. As long as you’re safe and considerate you should be fine.

I think esk8 is in grey area in terms of law here. For sure you’re not allowed to ride on pavements. That’s a big no!

The police are stretched real thin here thanks to budget cuts, don’t give em a reason to talk to you and you’ll should be fine.

If you see a bored policeman (these are a particularly troublesome breed), just kick when passing them at a reasonable speed.

As long are you aren’t endangering others or yourself I don’t think they care.

sounds easy enough. I usually ride at normal longboard speeds anyways and got surprisingly few looks in Barcelona. Im stoked! finishing charging my board and phone within the next 45 minutes and then im gonna take the maiden voyage!

1 Like

I ride on pavements… passed patrol cars and footmen… no issue so far :thumbsup:

awesome, i feel like it boils down to not putting people in danger. will treat it like I do any other city, not gonna sweat it any more. thanks guys!

1 Like

your roads are rubbish, London! RIP one bearing, spacer, washer, and nut :frowning:

Not had any issues where I live but I think the uk law is electric vehicles in bike lanes or on pavement must not go above 8mph! Just be cautious only open it up on quiet roads!

Ohhh! Shall I bring locktite tomorrow ? :joy: Well It needs 24hrs to cure anyway ;(

Didn’t you have a nyloc nut on that!?

I’ve got some spare, shall I bring one or two?