London Meetup? I'll be in central London for one week from Aug 22 - 28. Who wants to skate?

Route looks cool to me!

Hello

I will try to join I will keep you informed

Cyril

2 Likes

Facebook event has been created: http://bit.ly/2v0S5qt

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™ve got a selfie stick I use my mobile on, Iā€™ll bring thatā€¦

Yeah that looks cool! How long is it? Iā€™ve only got 17/18 miles :confused:

4.4 miles, mostly flat ground.

We will likely end up doing more once we cruise around the park for a bit

Oh thatā€™s a snip then :smiley:

4.4 miles will be awesome! Im all for it! We can do longer if weā€™re feeling it. I totally cant wait!

2 Likes

Will anyone be needing a power outlet for that journey? There and backā€¦ I can phone ahead some of the cafĆ© s and coffee shops along South Bank to see if they will let us use outlets if needs beā€¦

I think any cafe or pub will be happy to give us outlet if we order drinks;) letā€™s take it as it goes :wink:

Fair enough :thumbsup:

Ohh and if you guys have any parts you wish to trade/give up because you have ordered them in bulk from China and have spare or donā€™t need them any more you are welcome to bring them in.

I for example just received 6x dust covers for my charging port from China. Need only two, three.

Iā€™m happy to gift them to anyone who needs one or two.

PS. they work with this female socket

There is also male on sale on this listing.

Very sturdy and good looking port :smiley:

I might have some more random stuff lying around as well :slight_smile: Iā€™ll have a rummage.

1 Like

I went for a skate and checked out Westminster, Waterloo, South Bank Area.

Westminster bridge is pretty scary, the cycle lane is a bit of a joke, itā€™s about 2 foot wide which means you are trapped between a barrier and buses, taxis, cars, probably not the best idea for anyone who isnā€™t comfortable mixing it up with traffic.

Southbank is a nightmare, the whole area was swarming with people, absolutely no way to skate at all, that said it was Sat evening so probably about the busiest possible time.

The great news is that there is a brand new cycle way on the Embankment, which is a done properly, away from traffic, lovely and wide and oh soooo smooth!

2 Likes

Been looking into this new East-West Cycle Superhighwayā€¦

It looks to be mostly finished.

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/east-west-cs-overview.pdf

Iā€™ve amended our route to use the cycle highway: New Proposed Route

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m still new to eboarding and Iā€™m not very comfortable on the streets :wink: but getting better every day :smiley:

We can just stay at Hyde Park and go around - itā€™s huge. Iā€™m easy, whatever you guys decide.

@MontPierre yes I was thinking of you in particular, we donā€™t want to lose anyone on the first outing :slight_smile:

I think we will be all good if we stick to the cycle way, itā€™s as safe as the park when it comes to traffic, there are a few of us to keep our eyes open for road warrior cyclists - if we move to the side single file and let them past everyone will be happy I think

Haha I shall get high vis jacket then :baby:t3:

new route looks awesome! looks like we are gonna see a lot, Im totally digging the longer route. Im like the idea of smoother paths, some of the sidewalks and roads in Barcelona have been complete death to ride on!

@MontPierre are you still running 10s? any chance you have an extra battery meter I can borrow or buy? Mine got shorted by mistake!