Loaded Motherboard Esk8 Deck

Won two design awards, and then they went under. Many broke at the rear truck mount.

35%20PM

I still hope to find someone to sponsor to make a proper esk8 version of the Hanzo, with a matching enclosure. Someday.

9 Likes

Now that you mention it, nearly all the electrified shots are using the eon kit… I hope that’s not what they tested with because that’s absolutely not representative of what we do and their supposed target market :grimacing:

Edit: Actually I went through and afaik all the shots are using the Eon…

3 Likes

It would be good to add a layer or 2 of CF to prevent the breaks.

Do you have one of those? Looks cool!

3 Likes

Looking at it now the deck looks kinda nice , I like the way the wheel well works , wouldn’t but without an enclosure to support it though.

1 Like

I think loaded feels pushing on the esk8 since the commercial success of their sale of the blue kegel & Caguama, that visibly they had not anticipated. It may also be to boost a boosted board (ahah) who dropped them on his new model. Personally the shape of the board does not excite me more than that. To see if at least it does not have wet feet when driving on wet :slight_smile: Indeed a passage of cable would have been a plus, and have no concave under a portion of the board to make it more easily intgable with the boxes would have been better.

1 Like

The deck design & construction values are sweet, I bet it handles.

I guess they are going to leave it to DIY scene to figure everything out, but it’s such a shame they did not try make any integration for electronics. I wish they would go back with this design and make an in-house mod at least using the current construction as a base. As such that was kind of backing away from a challenge to present this as a blank canvas, which shows a bit of a lack of imagination & desire for innovation.

Sure maybe Bigben, Eboosted, Longhairedboy & Pyschotiller etc will make an enclosure at some point, but it will not look like something from the future of esk8, no reflection on the great enclosures these guys make but it will be really, really difficult to tack something on and make it look like something from the future, that is my supposition, I hope I’m wrong maybe someone has game for it.

That is the shame and it is a contradiction to the main premise that they have fun with in the product video ‘The Future’, the vid is funny in a good way.

4 Likes

Here is a first pre-review

Some of the drawbacks we highlighted are also mentioned in it. Also this deck is high. Imagine actually using big wheels, you had better not have any fear of heights :smiley:

3 Likes

Who is that guy?

Youtuber that has been doing a ton of esk8 reviews. I do not always agree with his opinions but I like the fact that he does not seem to suck up to the companies that send him stuff for review unlike lots of other guys.

6 Likes

That’s a guy for whom diy esk8ing is about swapping decks on your wowgo.

11 Likes

He does review well.

He brings up many of the concerns gracefully without being an asshole.

Is he on here?

3 Likes

Yeah, seems that way, but still.

1 Like

I doubt that he’s on here, or he wouldn’t be excited about 1000 W motors. :smirk:

I agree @taz. I like the fact that he doesn’t suck up to all those esk8 companies and he doesn’t pretend to be something he’s not. He’s just honest about his opinion on the gear he tests which is cool.

6 Likes

Someone should invite him!

‘Press Reset’ has cleaned up his act in becoming a Loaded / Otang / Paris ambassador; happy for his second act.

(literally, cleaned)

2 Likes

i love his vids, i think he’s getting in the diy scene due to his recent vid.

Ive been waiting to comment on this, hoping there was something I missed. I dont see a single thing that makes this better for esk8 than a poke or a vanguard, in fact it appears to be worse with the weird bottom coat. I mean, if it doesnt have cable routing and an enclosure at a minimum, whats the point? I think loaded either missed the point entirely or they have something else in the works. I hope its the later.

6 Likes

I’m speaking to Ethan at Loaded about a lot of this stuff. They are sending me a care package with a few bits in it and have opened up dialogue as I already have a full custom build on a Loaded deck. They are very interested in understanding our requirements and I intend to go back to them with a comprehensive report covering a load of points I think are relevant.

They are reading this forum too so make your points known, they are not affraid to read any cold hard truths at all.

Here is a quote from their email

“With the Motherboard, we are actually very thankful for the honest feedback from the DIY community. There are many minds at work here in the HQ, with everyone having different opinions about how a board should look and feel for this particular application. We are definitely lacking the insight of a true DIY e-builder, since all of us come from a downhill, dancing, or carving background.”

They are very receptive which is really nice! And yes they have a load of stuff in the works, some of which I am sure we are going to find very interesting.

23 Likes

I personally don’t like this deck. The deck has these huge wheel cuts, or whatever they’re called, and that ain’t gonna help anyone. Ppl with eboards usually have their trucks tighter than normal so we avoid speed wobbles.

Can I get one of those care packages to make an enclosure for??

4 Likes