Loaded Motherboard Esk8 Deck

Yep

Screenshot_20190115-090310_Samsung%20Internet

And I tunneled to the US just in case and same thing

1 Like

I think I will continue with the Vanguard, don’t see the point of getting this board tbh…

1 Like

Yeah I am not impressed

It doesn’t really offer anything special. It’s a nice deck and all but just not anything different.

4 Likes

It seems the thing is that they don’t know what they are doing leaving traditional deck design do they made what they believe is a core that builders will want to rock some cool builds out of, this is all well and fine however it is no longer 2017 and you need to have integration or and enclosure at least to foist it as an esk8 specific deck.

Wonder if loaded are going to represent here more than the cross-link. I likez their productz but must try harder

3 Likes

The TPU-reinforced composite construction is a nice add on, however it applies to all decks. The cambered construction means it is targeted towards low speed builds. One stiffness only? Wheel well flares increase clearance for larger wheels (up to 85mm with Paris 180mm 50° trucks) :rofl::rofl::rofl:

There is nothing in that deck that screams esk8. No integrated enclosure, no front - rear angle split, no cabling management etc. Plus, IMO it does not look as nice as some of their other decks.

5 Likes

we’re offering it at a discounted rate to help stimulate DIY e-skate and foster creativity.

$193.00 isn’t discounted. :-1:

6 Likes

Bold enough to cross-link they should represent here and do a proper builder discount code & inveigle.

Otherwise this is essentially confused corporate faff ordered by the management team as to why they aren’t getting any of that esk8 market he’s been hearing about.

The responsibility would appear to have fallen into the hands of someone who does not really understand where esk8 is at and the value placed on design innovation, either that or rushed out.

Other traditional skate companies have have made the transition to enter this market with more grace capitalizing on what they do know & learning what they don’t to create desirable products…Riptide, Drangboards to name a couple.

Shame, Loaded make nice stuff.

4 Likes

Imagine what it will cost without the discount :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Someone quick buy one for science purposes :grimacing:

1 Like

WTH…“By purchasing this deck, you agree to test and provide feedback on the Motherboard, post pics of your setups using the hashtag #LoadedMotherboard, and subscribe to the Loaded Newsletter to receive related email communications (you may unsubscribe at any time).”

You pay 193$ and have to agree to do user testing on top of that??

8 Likes

Lol yes I saw that and was like nah I’ll pass

1 Like

Looks like an Icarus shape, with new cut …?

Purpose built for e-boarding:

• Wheel well flares to accommodate large wheels and promote board awareness

Vang. or Ica. are better with their shape for wheel well …

• TPU-reinforced composite construction for vibration damping and durability

Last Loaded board already get cork layer (in last layer, under board) as damping for the comfort and to attenuate the vibrations thus …

• Camber for suspension and enhanced component clearance The Loaded Motherboard: a perfectly poised platform for your next DIY electric skateboard.

… here also, flex and not flat under-surface are not really best DIY friends but ok. (This is all the difficulty for a beginner or experienced DIYer) to make an electric board and enclosure DIY to get it flexy, water/dust-proof etc.) Just my opinion ^^

2 Likes

Without an enclosure this makes no sense - especially with such a rounded shape where DIY will be tough to get the enclosure to sit right. What were they thinking?

9 Likes

We should let them know what esk8ers look for in a deck. @longhairedboy, @psychotiller and @onloop should talk to them about it because their names are mentioned on their website.

I’ll start with what I need

1. Cutouts for 10s5p + battery + bms + 2 esc
  2. Predrilled holes for enclosure
  3. Channels cut for motor wires
  4. Optional: enclosure option. Single stack(5p) or staggered stack(9p)
  5. If they make it splash proof enough to ride in rains, I’ll give them all my money.
8 Likes

Don’t worry, i’m already on it. They sent me this deck a few weeks ago and asked me to “do something with it” but not to share it or post it.

Honestly, i don’t think they’re going to like my write up, and its going to take me a minute to “do something” with this because of the deck’s overall weirdness.

also they wouldn’t send me a second deck to carve into to make a proper plug for a mold, so i’m having to do it the hard way. And even if they had, i doubt the texture is consistent from deck to deck so the bumps would have to be shaved anyway.

I was going with a 12S3P + Unity on this because i wanted a single layer. They sent me Caguamas and bushings also, but i’m probably going to go with a carvon rear end and some Abec 97s instead.

28 Likes

Ladies and gents of loaded. When you read this thread please keep in mind that most people here area big fan of loaded. Boosted boards got a lot of us into this one way or another and there’s thousands of loaded esk8s already flapping around here.

We want to see you succeed in a big way, it just needs to be the right product. Active engagement in the forum and with our premium builders is a must if you want some serious non fanboy feedback.

Keep at it!

17 Likes

Agreed my ‘Hallelujah’ Vanguard makes me smile every time even if broken and I just walk by now, I still give it a pat

I gotta say I was hoping for something big but kind of expected a letdown. (Is it a letdown if you expected it?) $200 for a deck that doesn’t fit what I want to do with it means I’m not getting one, even if it looks cool.

1 Like

Perhaps they were going for the Boosted style, with split enclosures and smaller wheels… Which is confusing with the callouts to our vendors.

For this feature set, I’m priced out, even at the intro price.

When you have normal decks like the Landyachtz Evo or esk8 specific like the Hummie and Haya that have proven their suitability for our application, all of them at a similar or lower price, this deck is a complete let down.

6 Likes