Loaded Fattail, dual belt drive, torsion trucks

I’m ordering Loaded Fattail deck Kegal 80mm wheels Revenge torsion trucks

I’m going to start with those components and ride it before I order the esk8 components. I’m thinking: Maytek v2 remote Torquebords VEC’s Racerstar 140kv motors 10s 2-3p depending

2 Likes

Let us know how it rides! Maybe if you find it too shallow, put a long distance fixed truck on the rear?

1 Like

$292.00 Usd for deck and wheels ouch…! That hurt…! I may be putting the Meepo board on ebay to offset this build…

No email conformation from Loaded after ordering my deck. Kinda annoying… wandering if I need to call and make sure its being processed…:thinking:

Why use the torsion trucks? I am curious…

1 Like

I wrote a post about it. Its really my main reason for this build. I’ve used torsion trucks and kick tails exclusively on esk8 until recently when I got a boosted board. I hate the lack of manuverability. Revenge seems to be the only reputable company still making these type of torsion trucks. I’m going to build it and put it up against other configurations to prove to the world or maybe just myself that torsion trucks can outperform standard trucks in certain applications. Or maybe they will suck… :joy: Stay tuned… LMAO…

2 Likes

You need to check out these then, popular in rear traction trucks for LDP skating…torsion trucks are only as good as their bushings, sort of like all trucks, but you cannot go out and order a super high quality bushing like I can for standard rkp trucks, these Rohas I hear have a great bushing… http://bradenboards.com/products/trucks/

2 Likes

They certainly look serious… I’ll definitely check those out.

I’ve got issues… I set out to order racerstar 140kv’s knowing that the 200kv were not suited for my needs. As I’m looking at the motors an extra dose of testosterone must have entered my system and I compulsively order the 200kv…
I just tried to cansel the order but it already shipped. I’m 45 I never want to go faster then 25mph on a skateboard. The extra 60KV is going to do nothing but chew up my battery and screw up my breaking… :confounded:

1 Like

I just kicked it around with the Revenge trucks… First impressions are not good. I’ve cranked down on them way tighter then I expected and they are still too loose. They are not like my Exkate trucks.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Are you going to try out the other torsons trucks you can find? I dig the honesty dude, I want to hear more…keep it up!!

1 Like

The Rojas Axle flexes and doesn’t look ideal for a motor bracket with its small diameter. The Dr tongues look the same as Revenge and I expect same characteristics. Not sure there are other torsion options on the market. I have exkate trucks but why bother riding trucks that I can’t get bushings for.
When the weather permits I’m going to experiment with standard rear trucks and the revenge trucks on front… However I think I’m also going to order a set of double kingpin trucks. I haven’t given them much thought because they look bulky and kinda silly but they may be exactly what I’m looking for…

Try a rkp with tall bushing maybe, the arsenal, bolzen, roque and so on…they provide alot more movement than a standard longboard barrel without all the slop that comes with doubling the kingpin…

2 Likes

Are you able to swap the exkate bushings onto the revenge trucks? There is a thread on here recently about urethane moulding you might be able to get some more bushings moulded

2 Likes

I can buy new old stock exkate boards on Ebay for $60 bucks shipped and throw out everything but the trucks. I’m not going to do that though. I’m not going to be stuck in the past. If there wasn’t a better option they would still be making them. I’m reserching and looking into the trucks the others guys here are recomending. Right now I’m taking a second look at original brand trucks and gullwing double trucks. My budget is limited so unfortunately I can’t try them all…

1 Like

Gull wing sidewinders are meant to be pretty good same with evolve super carve trucks. They just aren’t very stable at high speeds because of the double king pin

I’ve got the revenge trucks on just the front of the boosted and the meepo. For me its an improvement. Way more maneuverable but its not great and bad for beginners so I’m taking it off the boosted so my friends can ride it safely.

2 Likes

Hey did you try ronins? For me are the best trucks out there with difference, also they are not crazy expensive. I did use revenge for carving a lot and I love them, but is true, first time I rode them i was like WTF! It took me some time to know how they worked, I think to carving and pumping are good, but absolutely not for esk8. The good about the Ronin is great manoeuvre at low speeds and really stable going fast!

2 Likes

I agree with the Revenge trucks. I’ve looked into ronins and they seem to be a great truck but I’m specificly looking for a very tight turning radious. From what I see in videos neither ronins or surfrods are going to do what I want.

1 Like