Lipo Battery Issues and Questions

Im going to be here online for some minutes, so you can always ask questions. First replace the old balance connector with the new one. After complete please post new photo while having your series harness attached. Also mark both of your new balance connector for the 3s side, one is A / red and the other one is B / blue.

When you say replace the balance connector, are you talking about the plug on the battery itself, i.e solder a new one, or the adapter which plugs into both batteries?

The plug from the battery that you burned down.

Big:

Over the US right now :imp: .

Lol Everything is all good now. @JTAG helped me out with this issue.

Thanks for the support everyone.

Actually, I have one more question regarding lipos.

When I go to plug the main Deans connector to the charger, it always makes a spark. I read sparks aren’t an issue, but I’d rather not have them. I know where to go for the solution to the spark on the ESC, but can that solution apply to the charger as well?

Srry this question isnt directed at the person I am replying to but I couldnt figure how to create a new topic as I just created an account.

Okay so here my question is: How do I wire a bms to multiple premade lipo batteries?

So recently I was planning on creating a 12s battery pack using 3s 5000mah batteries. Here is the batteries I am using http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=8579&aff=1086883. Additionally here is the bms which is compatable with lipo batteries. http://www.batterysupports.com/44v-48v-504v-12s-30a-12x-36v-lithium-ion-lipolymer-battery-bms-p-268.html

I have already purchase all these items too but am confused as to how I will wire the balance wires connected to each battery. Currently I have been just using a 6s setup with a balance charger but want to upgrade to this new battery. I haven’t seen any posts or videos similar to a battery that I am making because I am using premade batteries. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!!

Also if you guys would like to know this is the charger I am using. http://www.batterysupports.com/432v-44v-504v-4a-lithium-ion-lipo-battery-charger-12s-12x-36v-p-167.html

why not go li ion if u were gonna buy a bms?

Already got the batteries and lipos are cheaper.

cheaper doesnt always mean better man

Sigh I know that but like I said I already bought them. I just need some help wiring them to the bms

ok ill help u tmrw its late here bro

I am also interested in this because i plan on doing the same thing

NO DON’T DO THIS IT WILL FRY EVERYTHING like what happened to me

It will not fry everything if done correctly.

This bms has a 30 amp limit. So does the space cell. Very lame. Really limits ur possible power.

1 Like

@massy has gotten around this by bypassing the bms. I think this means that while the bms takes care of charging the vesc is in charge of discharging… I need to ask him about how he did this too because I’m wanting to use one of the lower amp rating bms from battery support than the amps I wanna draw.

1 Like

This topic has been covered plenty of times[quote=“seanpain4, post:36, topic:2735, full:true”] It will not fry everything if done correctly. [/quote]

this = true

1 Like

@laurnts i man i just read this about the balance leads, and since im wiring up i wanted to triple make sure im doing it right i understood that in my 2 3s in series for a 6s i have to mark my negative lipo and make sure the black wire is on the outside when i plug them in and the red on the outside on my positive lipo, but i also read in this forum that theres people cutting 1 wire of the jst, if recall correctly the negative(black wire) of your negative side lipo, why is that they are cutting that wire and how this translate to balance charging them? compared to your method?