*Limited Edition* 6374 190kv Sensored Dark Matter Motor **CLOSED**

Perhaps he was getting these motors from another company ? , ā€¦who built them with improved Magnets and Bearings already ?

I love the quality of Sk3 motors , but they are so dammn long compared to others

1 Like

Highly unlikely, if you have these ā€œdark matter motorsā€ open them up and Ill open mine up and compare

1 Like

Yeah letā€™s do that. I have at least 10 of them sitting around because they didnā€™t pass my tests before shipping.

@Randyc1 what makes you think they are upgraded?

2 Likes

Donā€™t have , ā€¦but wanted because of alk these upgrades

I think @Mikenopolis

was using them you two could compare?

Jlabs , are you saying tha Original thread motors did not have upgrades mentioned in description ?,ā€¦curved magnets would be easy to see when opening motor

He didnā€™t lie about anything. Iā€™m just saying that you guys think they are upgraded, and they are not. Please find where he says the word upgrade in the first post. I canā€™t.

@b264 has both I believe (or at least the Dark Matters and an alibaba one)

1 Like

Do most motors have curved magnets ? I have seen High Quality racing drone motors to have Curved magnets to increase torque,ā€¦but never heard mentioning of this on eskate motors ??

I have stripped a motor that looks exactly like the dark matter one (and the one that street-wing used to carry).

One side of magnet is slightly curved, other side is flat.

2 Likes

That is good !.. i dont know if most motors are like this?

Where is ā€œscepterrā€ anyhow?, maybe he can clarify all this

Heā€™s in recovery

1 Like

Yeah he was in bad shape a while ago but he is on the mend now and he should hopefully be better soon and be back on the forum.

6 Likes

Glad to hear.

I was fortunate enough to purchase two of the Dark Matter motors from @scepterr and I have to say that his service, and the speed of the delivery was exceptional - better than some online shops that Iā€™ve dealt with. If he ever does another batch of these motors, Iā€™d buy more for sure. Kinda kicking myself now that I didnā€™t get a few extras when I had the chance.

1 Like

I magnified pictures on post 118 &142 and Magnets do Not Look Curved ? like mentioned in description ?

Post 142 is not the DMM rightā€¦ And if magnets are curved the way mine were, you really canā€™t tell by that picture in post 118 as the curved part is facing the can.

1 Like

ok,ā€¦ but shouldā€™nt the curved part be towards the Center core, to be as close as possible ?

Itā€™s a convex curve. Probably to have it better fit the curve of the can. The part facing the rotor is flat.