Liion Cells Reading 0.6v?

Cool! I have an XT-60 loop key on my old board board which works pretty well…

So I charged the pack, and it reads the correct voltage… But I’m not sure, I tried to measure the amp output of the pack when connected to the VESC, or even just a voltage monitor, and it read ~3.5A. But it wouldn’t go on. Now I thought it may have to do with the BMS, so I connected it just as I would without a BMS (even though the BMS was still soldered on) and it still only pulled ~3.5A, and still didn’t have enough power (or too much? though I doubt it) to turn on the VESC or display… Is there something wrong? Why would this be happening? Does it have to do with the BMS?

If your using a Bestech BMS, They have exterior short circuit protection.

1 Like

The BMS was also really hot… But I believe that was from charging

Ok, well I figured it out. It was the crappy BMS, it was preventing the battery from properly discharged, so I took it off. I’ve been waiting for the supower BMS for like a month now and I have no idea where it is? But I will use that when I get it. It works now though!

What brand of BMS was the bad one? Supower Bms are good but they are really struggling with shipping to USA

I emailed supowerbattery and they told me it was sent back because of the heightened security around the g20 summit. The sent it back and gave me the new tracking number.

I had the same problem with them so I got a refund and bought from Bestech instead and they had no problem delivering quickly.