Lightning deck - First build

Get safety gear, helmet is a must but the rest too depending on skate/rider/surface/conditions etc

Esk8 is as dangerous as any motorcycle despite the speed differences

1 Like

I have a thousand helmet already, but ill deffo be getting a fullface, knee, elbow, wrist and hand protection, twice as my 16yo loves skating too.

We were looking at options, he wants a icon airflite helmet (coz of the looks) but i think we will both end up with a pass each :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What program are you planning on using?

For the cad work? No idea!, but will have to be easy for an old dinosaur!!

Give Fusion 360 a try. There are a few ways to sign up and get it for free. I came from AutoCAD back in the day and it was an easy transition, but the UI is simple enough for a complete newbie and flexible enough to allow you to learn and improve a great deal as you get more and more used to it.

3 Likes

Thanks, ill give it a go, my boy is a student so there may be a way in there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you want really simple CAD to get your feet wet with, I like tinkercad. I end up using it for something like 80% of my functional 3d prints

1 Like

Nice job on the Hummie deck, your selection of components is to die for.

Color scheme excellent. First build…well done Mudders.

I hope you scare the shit out of yourself safely :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ha thanks man, cant wait!!

1 Like

Oh happy day :slight_smile:

20190325_152812

5 Likes

Happy day indeed!

20190325_210706

I need to get this thing going and print me a @mmaner loopkey xt90 holder for the enclosure :slight_smile:

8 Likes

sweet build man! looks so good id feel bad riding it!

2 Likes

Thanks @TheGinjaNinja, i’m looking into clingfilm wraps for the wheels and overshoes for riding :laughing:

1 Like

I did my first print, @mmaners xt90 loop key holder, turned out ok but the amass xt90 is very loose and the sides are very differing thickness, i guess i have some calibration to sort :frowning:

20190326_210425 20190326_231019

5 Likes

Focbox in and calibrated, i had to update the firmware before it would let me complete the guided set up, no drama.

Just waiting for a couple of prints and shes good to kill me tomorrow, im planning on getting acquainted slowly at first incase she gets angry with me for some reason.

Roll on tomorrow :slight_smile:

20190329_203551

2 Likes

I couldnt wait, took her round the block for a cheeky test ride, omg this thing is awsome. The torque is nice and sedate at very low speeds, sometimes judders a bit, but wgen she builds speed to around 15mph its like it hits a power band! Im not sure ill ever see the top speed achievable but my god its fun!

Only issue i have (and i know its early days) but she gets a bit of a wobble on around 25mph, i guess ill have to play with the bushing compression to get her dialled in :slight_smile: 20190329_215837

9 Likes

You could try to de-wedge the rear to take out some steer. That might cure your wobble. At this point, it could just be your nerves? No? :thinking:

I think your right @mccloed, test riding in the dark probably didnt help, I took a run out today and i’m very happy with it, 30mph is fine now we are more aquinted!

20190330_174852

7 Likes

What lighting system are you using? I’m looking for a new board to control my WS2812B LEDs as the one I have is a bit limited in light patterns.

I’m using apa102 leds 144/m Yep 20a sbec SP105e bluetooth controller

3 Likes