Li ion with no bms?

yea 2p with basen will be a cake walk youll be fine.

we use bms for many reasons where do i begin.

easy charging, plug and forget cheaper than a 10s lipo charger (trust me i have one) quicker charging professionalism longer life for cells over charge protection, over discharge protection soft switches thats basically it.

2 Likes

oh thats what i needed to ask whats the soft switch for exactly

I honestly don’t see the point of not using a BMS. You can get one for arounf $35 that will be good enough. At 10S you should not draw more than 60A ever.

Turning the BMS PCB on and off. Basically turns off your board since your ESC/motor won’t be powered.

easy turn off and on anti spark to save connectors life professionalism solid state skateboards ( dont have to open the enclosure everytime to turn on and off)

Bms’s, soft switches, all these things are luxury’s not needed if you dont want to use them.

I use them though because i like to spend money and i love the features they offer

1 Like

I agree. I use them in all my builds.

ig ill just get a cheap bms for charging then

@Pantologist @barajabali @Michaelinvegas thanks guys!

1 Like

Is @whitepony most recent build without a bms

What charger do you use if you don’t use bms?

DIY a charger for a battery pack without a bms

@whitepony doesn’t use a BMS in any of his builds.

and this will still balance the cells?

please, humor me and go the amazon page for it.

does it say anywhere on that page that it has balancing cababilities? either way, it doesn’t have a balance plug!!

so is that a no kid?

No it won’t balance … But will allow you to choose an end voltage … For example … Is you have a 12s set up with out a bms … You really wouldn’t want to charge it to 50.4v… You would want to end it @ 50v …

ahhh thanks that clears it up

If you have no bms…you need to give yourself a bigger range to play with so you don’t over discharge and don’t over charge … Plus will extend the amount of cycles you can charge

I would never suggest or even think of running Li-ion or Lipo or Lifepo cells without at least balance charging them.

1 Like

If you want to go 30+ mph, your gonna need all the power you can get. I would suggest 12s Lipos for that kind of power.