Leisure Industry Features That We Could Implement

I only says this because if this thing does lift off, it’s going to, eventually, be a regular thing. We might see developers holding “Group Buys” to implement a feature. (sounds ridiculous now, but sinking hours ant free)

I trust Ack, he’s never given me a reason not to, but we do have to set a standard for how we want things thing to move if this thing does happen and many more after. If we don’t, I guarantee we’ll have another Alex fiasco, only this time, it’s all of us.

I like the idea of push assist. I don’t like calling it endless ride.

that said, I agree with everything you said. who needs lifetime data? really? what’s the point? same goes for push to start? “lol” is my only response to that.

1 Like

why even compare him to alextech?

Many boards like boosted have power off via remote but i have never seen a board with power ON from remote. I agree that more features means more things that can go wrong but power switching from remote would have the potential for boards without power buttons. that means less mechanical parts to fail and less holes to drill in waterproof enclosures.

Also endless mode wouldn’t be good for everyone but realistically it should be a very easy to implement.

@evoheyax was looking to get into programming haha.

such a feature requires bi-directional RF communications (as does telemetry)…you cannot tell me that it takes less parts and code to accomplish, I ain’t dumb…lol Not to mention battery draining always on hardware…no thanks…

Lots of cool ideas, I would like to see dead zone marker so when I rode through a crappy area, I can get a heads up so I can avoid it and not have to remember … necessary not really but I donno… maybe Frequency hopping would be cool

Well for starters, you’d need to have an integrated power switch. Last I checked, @Ackmaniac works on the firmware/software, not the hardware. :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t mind getting a “overspeed” warning light or beep on my remote, that’s a useful and safe feature I could use…I would like to know when I’m over the rpm limit of the motor so I know when I hit the throttle if it’s going faster or gonna slow down and buck me off…

2 Likes

I never said it takes less parts or code.

I was just suggesting that power via remote could have other benefits which might justify the complexity. I would rather some extra hardware than having a mechanical power switch.

And for endless mode we already have cruze control, its just a version of that where the target speed decays over time, doesn’t slow you down and if your speed is higher than the target speed then you increase the target speed.

I don’t think an endless ride feature would be too much complexity to add to an already complex system though.

I love pushing around my longboards. I could care less for cruise control honestly, but I’d absolutely love to be able to super push around my best longboard (my eskate) as if it were a featherweight longboard with super ceramic bearings.

Personally, this is a feature that would totally change the game for me. Just the other day I was riding my eskate with some longboarders. It was a pain enough trying to throttle my board just right to where they didn’t feel like I was going too fast or too slow, and my board is heavy enough that I don’t want to kick it with no power and fall behind. This alone is not a reason to add an endless ride feature… but I do see a leasurely cruise around town, not having to hold a remote all the time, whatever, all the use cases combined getting closer to skateboarding in general as reason enough to add such a feature. Essentially a software update that adds such flexibility sounds great. I’m willing to risk a bit more complexity in a compiled binary or hex for that.

TLDR: I want to kick push. But I don’t want to kick push 25 extra lbs.

2 Likes

If you love pushing around longboards, then why not just go push around longboards? why ruin eskates?

I love to push and pump as well, that’s why I own a gbomb and a number of high end boards for doing just that…

I use an application called Waze for driving information. I am sure many of you also are aware or use this app. I think a version for skateboarding could be cool…if you are not familiar with the app do a little research as it is very useful for car drivers.

2 Likes

Because I want to power up hills sometimes.

How is adding an optional firmware feature ruining existing features?

It’s just like, if you don’t want to run sensored, don’t… It’s that simple. If you don’t like it, it’s not mandatory… doesn’t ruin anything for you right?

As much as I like pushing around, I always wanted the option to push a remote and fly up the hill instead. If I can have the option, why not both?

Push the flats, coast downhills, fly uphill… Sounds great to me and is no problem for you if you don’t want to use such a feature. How is that ruining eskate for you?

2 Likes

This is a silly complaint IMO.

First off, You basically already have everything you need for an odometer w/ an electric skateboard. The only thing you really need to do is store that data.

But the main reason its silly is… Cars need maintenance and replacement parts and all that. And we use the odometers as a baseline for everything. Your motor and your wheels and your transmission don’t all need their own odometer, you just track them all relative.

My board has what’s trying to be a lifetime odometer. It doesn’t quite work exactly as intended. I still really think its a good QOL feature. It’s not reliable enough to tell the actual lifetime, but I can check how much I’ve ridden in a given week, or day. I’m not limited to the trip odometer. Its nice.

2 Likes

@skatardude10

you have to be more specific, what feature are you talking about?

Uhh, What?

I have actually been discussing endless riding a while back, and been experimenting with it for some time now. It’s not really hard to implement, and was thinking about adding that feature on my upcoming control panel. It still has a lot of processing power left to add many features, if many are interested in endless riding, I will definitely add it.

5 Likes

What prevents a eskate from continuing on without a rider in endless mode? anything? because that would get regulated through laws in no time if deemed unsafe to those not on the board…

There was already a case of a runaway board in San Fransisco that went full throttle and hit a cable car and then caught fire…just saying the last thing we need is a feature that results in uncontrolled runaway eskates…