Leisure Industry Features That We Could Implement

Frigging neat idea. Heck, we should start hiring people to solve the most common challenges and hurdles we daily face inside our hobby.

Same. :+1:

1 Like

I would be up to do the programming using an Arduino. Where would you guys prefer the odometer to be displayed?

A separate screen that can be mounted to the front area of the board or displayed on a remote?

@Wajdi is already working on his device called Proton- Digital Instrument and Control Panel Touch Screen

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/proton-digital-instrument-and-control-panel-touch-screen/58664

2 Likes

I am aware of that. If we are only displaying odometer and stuff. A smaller OLED screen would be more than sufficient

1 Like

Some of @Wajdi Proton- Digital Instrument and Control Panel key features are:

• Touch screen - 240x320 2.8"
  • Real time telemetry right at your sight all the time ( Speedometer, battery voltage, temperature, traveled distance…)
  • Menu with different settings and options to adapt to your own configuration.
  • Dual UART port for dual Vesc support
  • Firmware updates through built-in micro USB, always up to date with latest Vesc changes.
  • Built in LEDs driver with touch color picker, effects, front and back lights
  • Easy to access and configurable riding preset modes.
  • Benchmark mode
  • Configurable sound alerts for low voltage, power on, …
  • Miles/Km units
  • Ultra fast refresh rate
  • Does not require the Photon remote or receiver, works with any standard remote

…we can work with him and include the odometer.

3 Likes

”Endless ride” is a bit weird name for that. IMO it’s more like ”kick assistance”

3 Likes

I managed to code out the code in an Arduino that have an odometer of up to 100 million km.

I will implement the code into my VESC telemetry to do some testing on bench for that. As I do not have a microSD module, i am unable to code out the reading and writing of the microSD at the moment. The stuff should be coming in next week or so.

1 Like

But it does already have odometer implemented :wink: Lifetime data is stored in an SD card.

6 Likes

push to start is a good idea. or id like to be able to turn on my board via the remote

1 Like

First world problems…

Endless Mode is the most important feature. Haha

And I think one of the easiest to implement. I think if we ask Vedder with a group donation and a pretty please, he might go for it.

1 Like

Push to start and Endless mode would go hand in hand I’d think.

The only issue I have in regards to turn on via remote is that , It would require either

A) The Reciever to be always on. Even in a low state mode , and than drains battery. I.T’ll Be like having an inboard. Ganna be dead by morning (or at the very least constantly drawing your cells. B) a power source that has to be Charge separately. One battery pack is enough to be managed on one board.

I get the appeal of it (making it like a car with car keys). But on these unpredictable little things, the best solution to work around making the battery work more , the better.

You would have to activate with a remote (most likely the firefly and its derivatives since they are the most customizable in terms of modularity)

wouldn’t it be a better idea to up the $ donations to @Ackmaniac and ask him to do it?

2 Likes

It would , but it’s up to him if he wants to do it. We can maybe hold a “Group Buy” for him to implement this feature in an Escrow Account and give it to him upon release implementation.

wow i had no idea “endless ride” was actually a thing. would definitely donate

4 Likes

I don’t think escrow is necessary lol. He’s a pillar in the community

Yeah, and not only that, hire full time engineers, programers and industrial designers to try solve our oldest and most common technological challenges we’ve face for years.

I don’t need any of those features, they all seem unnecessary for normal operation and some seem unsafe. What ever happened to removing things to solve problems? Why make it more complex and delicate for nothing but novelty when we barely have robust eskates as it is? I say spend the time, money and energy working on polishing what exists before reinventing the skateboard…

Endless ride? Is this like cruise control so when you fall off it will keep going without load and smash into a pile of kids walking down the street? No thanks…and I don’t really want anyone with such a feature on the street near my kid either.

Lifetime oddmeter would make sense if we had robust vehicles that didn’t break down all the time needing replaceable parts, in fact most companies cannot even get that right yet, let alone something solid enough to make a lifetime oddmeter useful or relevant…is each part gonna have one, because during the life of the skateboard it will most likely be entirely replaced due to maintenance…instead of making one of these work on making eskates worthy of them 1st…

Push to start? Why? are you people that lazy you cannot be bothered to push a buttom or flip a switch? HAHAHA when I was a kid, we imagined things being so easy we just push buttons to make it happen, we are living in the future I dreamed about and yet you are so lazy it’s not good enough? If a board can turn on from motion sensing, then it can turn on at weird times too, like sitting in the truck of my car going over a bump or hitting the wheels on something while carrying it, or worse, turn off while riding because you opened the door to another complex feature having errors or going wrong, when you never needed too…hell I have a board without a switch or loop key, you must plug it in…low and behold it’s one of the toughest and most robust builds I own…go figure…this is a feature which will require hardware and software, and be used for a second or two when turning on the board, overall it’s a waste of space and weight on the board for a feature than will be used .001% of the time you are using the eskate…it’s as novel to me as bluetooth speakers (completely unneeded and unless to the operation of the vehicle for it’s purpose). Its like saying the switches or loopkeys are broken and don’t work, when they work just fine…stop falling for Chinese factory marketing bull…they are simply trying to make crappy board stand out when they cannot even get the range above 10 miles on a charge…priorities are wack on this one…

Power off via remote? Doesn’t evolve already feature this? like when all those people crashed from brown outs or failsafe failure when the remotes disconnect? This just seems like an accident waiting to happen, someone will hit it in error and fly off the board, when they never needed it to begin with…

I believe you shouldn’t fix a problem if you don’t have a problem. I believe the more components and parts and features anything has, the more can go wrong with it. I enjoy fixing problems by removing things, not adding things. Complexity hurts robustness, and until you have a problem that these features fix, there is absolutely no reason to talk about them…how about talking about rider ability instead, adapting to the eskate and shredding it better than the next guy? Isn’t that a more worthy waste of time over developing features no one needs that hurt the overall robustness of your eskate? Sorry, just being honest here…

8 Likes