LecDec Prebuilt | 36" Deck | Magaluma 7" Trucks | Unknown 2xx kV 1200 W Motor | Single Drive Mount | 6S 8Ah 177Wh Li-ion Battery | FVT Brave Wolf 120A(?) ESC

Hi, you can check the electronics in the Dr Circuit videos. Here is an example video:

You can also check the modifications he made to one of this boards. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, today I went riding my electric longboard in Campo Grande park in Lisbon. While trying a new bike lane I hit a Eucaliptus seed whith the left front wheel. I was very luck since it did’t stop the longboard immediatly and I had the chance to run out the momentum but the longboard was left behind.

Here are the photos I took with the skid mark in the ground. The seed is too big for the wheel to go over it. This is why I’m seriously thinking about making a new electric longboard from scratch with big wheels, the ones I really like are the MBS All-Terrain Longboard Wheels but a little expensive.

1 Like

Hey all you lecdec users :+1:, I’m having a problem with my motor the brakes have become sort of useless it barely slows me down when I’m going downhill I noticed this because my friend has one too and I always catch up to him way too fast going downhill and I leave him behind while holding down completely on the brakes, I’ve also had the issue of the cheap controller breaking because of too much force on the A or B button, sometimes my controller just stops working when I hold on the B button for too long, I really want to put a VESC but don’t really have the money for it, I really can’t trust this board yet I’m scared that it’ll send me flying while I’m not expecting it. :dizzy_face:

Hi, why do you hold the B button for breaking? I never saw any information in the manual regarding the B button being a brake button.

I have read and heard in some YouTube videos people talking about the use of the B button for braking in other chinese clones but I don’t think it works. I never tried the B button for breaking so I don’t even know if it really works or not, I just follow the manual information.

Beware that going downhill can get you into trouble if the battery is full. The energy has to go somewhere and if the battery is full something can burn.

I use the B button to slow down before pulling back on the brakes it helps the cog last longer B is sort of a sort of a soft brake I use it when I’m skating too fast to pull on the break. When I do pull on the break the belt overlaps the wheel cog, I’m gonna have to get a new one I’m gonna get the one made in Aluminum so that it lasts longer and I’ll just have to change the belt when it’s worn out

Ok but are you sure it breaks? When I want to reduce my speed without applying the break I just slowly let the controller stick go to the middle. Isn’t this what you are doing when pressing the B and it simply slows down?

Sorry about asking you this but I never found that information in the manual about the B button and everybody complains that the B button doesn’t break enough so I think it realy doesn’t brake at all.

I use the B button to slow me down faster it charges the the battery too, because when I go downhill the battery indicator flashes green and orange when ive just recently turned orange. The B button is not a full brake but sort of a soft break before pulling on the full break.

Hi, today I had the opportunity to ride my LecDec. I tested the B button and I can now confirm that something happens when I press it. It seems to slightly reduce the speed and the motor makes the same sound that is usual when I use the brake.

Regarding your problem, I don’t have any clue about it to help you but I think you shouldn’t use your longboard when going downhill and apply the motor brake. In the Magneto page explicity says that you should “Never ride downhill exceeding the boards top speed, this can cause a malfunction in the equipment.”

Even more alerts about downhill riding:

“1.) Skating downhill. Be careful riding your Magneto Electric Longboard down steep hills with the power on, the Magneto is ok with the occasional hill, but braking downhill continuously eventually wears the motor out and you will end up with a dead board, a new motor solves this problem. When riding downhill switch the power off and skate the Magneto like a regular longboard, perhaps invest in some long boarding gloves for these parts of your journeys.” (https://magnetoelectricskateboard.com/blogs/news/69690245-looking-after-your-electric-longboard)

Thanks I had no idea that it could wear it out there’s a huge hill in front of my house do every time I go out I have to brake all the way down thanks

You are welcome. Don’t forget to do and share some videos of you and your friend riding yours LecDec longboards. :slight_smile:

I will don’t forget to clean your board bearings because it gets real dirty

Thank you for your photos, they will help me when I remove the wheels from my longboard. I have about 200 km done in my LecDec. How about you? Your wheels are a lot worse than mine.

I think I need to change all bearings, not just clean them. One of the front wheels make a different noise when I turn from one side to the other. Something is not ok to make that noise.

I’ve done about 320km because I literally use my board every day to go to school and skating with my friends on the weekends, I also need to change my belt because it really jumps over the cog when I break way to often even when I’m going slow

olĂĄ, tb sou de lisboa e tenho um sk8 igualzinho ao seu mas de marca luuov. sou novo nisto e tenho algumas duvidas
 se me conseguisse esclarecer seria oprimo. a primeira Ă©: o meu sk8 sĂł da 20 km/h
 e sei que eles dao 30 km/h
 li no site deles que eles tĂȘm 2 ou 3 diferente modos (principiante e normal) que limitam a velocidade de ponta e aceleração. Sabe onde se selecionam esses modos? É no comando? Obrigado e um abraço

OlĂĄ, bem-vindo ao fĂłrum. :slight_smile:

Eu sei que jĂĄ dei 24 km/h mas era a descer. TambĂ©m jĂĄ devo ter dado mais de 20 km/h em plano mas nunca tive que activar nenhum modo. AliĂĄs, desconheço qualquer forma de activar ou desactivar modos na minha LecDec nem vi qualquer referĂȘncia a isso no manual.

Do que jĂĄ vi em videos e nos sites onde se vendem clones destas longboards Ă© que os dois modos de velocidade referem-se ao modo normal com o stick do acelerador e ao modo cruise control em que se fixa a velocidade pressionando no stick. Ainda foi sĂł recentemente que descobri que pressionando o botĂŁo B faz um “soft brake”.

Costumo dar uma voltas com a minha LecDec no passeio marítimo de Algés, é uma questão de combinarmos e encontramo-nos lå para trocar umas impressÔes sobre as nossas måquinas. :slight_smile:

[Google Translation for the people not yet familiar with the portuguese language]

Hello, welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

I know I have given 24 km / h but it was down. Also I must have given more than 20 km / h on flat but never had to activate any way. Moreover, unaware of any way to enable or disable modes in my LecDec not see any reference to this in the manual.

From what I’ve seen in videos and on websites where they sell these clones longboards is that the two speed modes refer to the normal mode with the throttle stick and the cruise control mode in which fixed the rate by pushing the stick. Although it was only recently that I discovered that by pressing the B button makes a “soft brake”.

I often take a lap with my LecDec on the promenade of Algés, it is a matter of combining and meet you there to exchange some impressions of our machines. :slight_smile:

OlĂĄ!! Boa, entĂŁo 20 km/h Ă© mesmo a velocidade de ponta dele a direito. É sempre fixe conversar com alguĂ©m e tirar dĂșvidas. É que comprei isto em segunda mĂŁo
 PorĂ©m nos sites das “marcas” dizem 20 milhas, 30 km/h
 Eu tenho andado por Lisboa, podemos combinar pelo passeio marĂ­timo um dia destes e trocarmos umas impressĂ”es. :wink: Era fixe. Estou alto fĂŁ disto!!

NĂŁo foi bem isso que eu quis dizer, eu Ă© que nĂŁo passo dos 20 km/h a andar normalmente. Eu nĂŁo gosto de andar muito depressa, tenho um certo receio de ir parar ao chĂŁo. :slight_smile:

Um fim de semana destes combinamos e encontramo-nos lå em Algés, é um dos locais porreiros aqui à volta de Lisboa para andar descansado e com muito espaço.

Last Tuesday was the day to do some maintenance to the electric longboard. For some time that I noticed that the wheel pulley has many dents made by small rocks passing by it against the ground. The problem is that this dents make some plastic go towards the belt and if they touch it they will damage the belt so it was time to remove the dents.

Other thing was the wheel connected to the motor seems a little more worn and even had a small bit of glass in it. So it was time to change it with the other back wheel. The bearings probably needed to be changed too but it will be done another time when I have new ones.

I took some measurements of the motor mount to eventually make a new one. If I change the wheel size and use a bigger wheel pulley I will need the capability to adjust the belt tension by moving the motor and the current motor mount does not have that possibility. This is part if my future plans when I start making some changes to the longboard.

The longboard was also cleaned, it had lots of dust in the wheels and some mud remains from the times that I went through wet ground. I always reduce my speed below walking speed to avoid spieling water all around the board and also avoid damaging the bearings.

After changing the back wheels, one problem I had was knowing how many turns I would need to give to the nut of the motor wheel. Since it’s connected to the motor I could not tell when I had given more turns than necessary and the first time I did give to many turns. I removed the nut and to know when it was enough I put a paper between the washer and the nut, when the paper started moving with the nut and was stuck between them it was time to stop.

This is it for now, hope you enjoyed the description and the photos. Let’s see if I also upload some videos for may YouTube channel soon.

1 Like

I just installed LEDs on my board and it looks amazing took 6 hours but I got it

1 Like

Also installed a battery indicator

1 Like