Launch of antisparkheaven.com --> Bulletproof antispark switches, nice prices!

Haha imagine how awkward the wording would be if he said “figuratively literally bulletproof” :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh wait, we don’t have to imagine.

1 Like

In all reality though: OP is German and his English is better than my Deutsch so mad :smiling_imp: props

Thanks for the feedback everybody! I will add some more information, differences and an installation guide very soon, currently evaluating the amp ratings and soldering switches :wink:

4 Likes

Hats off for the domain name and slogan (and direct FETs!), very creative!

2 Likes

Option for XT60/XT90 & a Switch would be nice (full-package product)

That 6x direct FET switch is looking good. Expensive but goooood :drooling_face::drooling_face:

It feels like you’re missing a middle range product, 3 direct FETs version, you had a thread for that one…

4 Likes

Why did I miss your launch! And here it’s pay time haha time to put wallet on diet!

Edit : Yes where is your ultra compact 3x version ? It is perfect for me I want 2x! :smile:

Can you explain the difference between the 3 ? Is there a max amp for each ?

Is dual good for a 10s3p VTC6 battery ?

Thanks

Added information regarding amp rating, setup and general handling. Btw, seems like someone bought nearly all the DirectFets available on the market. Rs components had like 3000 ready to ship 4 days ago and now not a single one in stock, same for mouser and farnell. Only arrow has around 200 pcs left but their shipping (DAP) would hit me with massive import fees lol. Everyone who ordered a DirectFet switch till now got one, anyway I’m currently thinking through options on how to proceed.

Edit: 3 way Directfet will come/is already here… just not the fets :joy:

4 Likes

Ok keep me updated please. BTW off topic are those huskies pup yours or it is just thumbnail?

@goldenHusky are you using irf7749L1 or L2 ?

Sure I will. Just a thumbnail, they aren’t mine but I’d love to own a husky :sweat_smile:

@scepterr the L1 version

Ordered one, works great! Came with the wrong size heatshrink though!

Thanks for ordering one! Sorry regarding the heatshrink, it’s 40mm, transparent and has a shrink ratio of 1:2 which I use for all models except the single versions. Btw, just checked again, didn’t have problems using it, anyway I offer you to send another piece or refunding you the 50 cents.

Before:

After:

Best Fabio

1 Like

Added a “mid range” switch, 3x Directfet http://www.antisparkheaven.com/product/directfet-antispark-3-way-6s-12s

4 Likes

Don’t worry about it, I was too lazy to go get my heat gun and used a hair dryer, must not have been hot enough!

Woooww. 20.50€ for a piece of heatshrink:scream:

Kidding.

I think you have the prices messed up. I see 40€ for the basic version and 60€+ for the extra versions

1 Like

Thanks for the hint :sweat_smile: Yea, I took the 6-way as original template and forgot to adapt the prices of the options.

Hi. Three questions. Is there a reason why there’s no fuse on these? And what happens when you turn off the switch while the wheels are spinning? Is it possible to push the board when it’s off without damaging anything? Thanks!

Hi,

Yes, most switches are rated for higher than 40 amp and there is no fuse in ATO format that has a higher amp rating than 40A so the switch would get bigger because of a big fuse and many people just bridge the fuse pads with a wire anyway. I personally don’t use fuses because I don’t want them to blow at the wrong moment. Everybody who wants to use a fuse can get an inline fuse.

Voltage spikes will appear but the switch won’t fail because of that, so don’t worry, it’s not critical but should be avoided.

If you push your electric board, you will produce energy that has to go somewhere. Your Vesc could get switched on or blown up. It’s recommended to have your batteries connected so the generated energy will charge them and therefore the antispark switch needs to be switched on to let the current through.

Best Fabio

2 Likes