Landyachtz Evo, anyone ever use it?

@mmaner I have one. I’ll be posting my build soon after I finish redoing the enclosure and battery. It’s an excellent ride. Steers like a car (by that I mean front steering). Very stable at high speed. And with the perfect drop, you’re nice and low to the ground. My enclosure is 3.5cm tall and there’s still plenty of clearance. Was a little tricky fitting dual motors because of the deck/drop curve but it’s worked in the end.

5 Likes

Looks great. I can’t tell in my phone, did you have to change the geometry of the truck angle?

1 Like

This is also an evo deck. I hit 49mph on it with stock 50 degree baseplates, still felt very stable compared to my other boards at high speed. I have 35 degree randle baseplates on it now and its a lot less turny but still more than agile enough for me and rock sokid at high speed even with the bushings pretty loose. Where did you find the deck for $100

1 Like

Had a discount coupon from Nord, the board was 135 with a 25 off coupon, 110 total with free shipping.

1 Like

I’ll try it with 1/4 risers and then change out to wedges if I need too. I’ve got a set or Paris 195s and a set of surfrodz 177 with 80mm axles, not sure which I’ll use.

1 Like

Is your coupon reusable? I like this deck so much I want to buy another

Me too… haha. Maybe I should contact them and see how much they go wholesale… I’m thinking $65

1 Like

I heard they want 100 board minimum for wholesale

Jesus… sometimes I forget that there are huge skateboarding companies out there… I sent an email, we will see where it goes :smile:

My Evo is on standard 50 degree baseplates. I was a little concerned because I bought the trucks first before I new I wanted an EVO. I’d also been reading about what is a good truck angle and thought 50 might be too much. Having said that, I think 50 degrees is perfect. You don’t want to fiddle with it too much otherwise it defeats the purpose of having a wedged deck.

It wasn’t. It was given to.me as one use code when they had to reship a deck that had gotten lost.

2 Likes

No haven’t changed th angels, because that was the selling point of the evo to me. It is a special ride wit low ground clearance.

2 Likes

Agreed, if you arent breaking 35mph I dont think Id change the baseplate angle.

1 Like

So does this board come with the baseplates or is this something you buy separately?

The deck is available by itself no baseplates included

i have 5 of these on a shelf but i can’t ride them because i’m supposed to build boards with them. But maybe i could tell Jerry that ninjas broke in and tried to ruin his business by putting wheel spray on the bottom of one of the decks…

4 Likes

How is people tuning with such a low board? Not meant to go over speed bumps at all.

1 Like

I dont ride over speed bumps with my street boards other than trampas lol.

I ride all my boards over Street bumps everyday, there’s no way I stop get off my board, lift it over it, drop it on the floor and continue riding.

I do it on my Vanguard, the Bintang and even the Evolve Bamboo GT with oversized battery pack, specifically with this Evo it would be almost impossible without scratching the enclosure

1 Like

Yeah, i have a 40mm thick enclousure and it still scrapes with 107mm superflys. Youd need risers to do anything about it.

1 Like