Landyachtz EVO 36 Falcon 2018

Need more testing but it looks good. I doubt I will ride it any harder than I did today and I think them motor internals can handle more. What I didn’t like the other day was that the truck got to hot to touch in just two pulls up that 1km stretch. I do notice that I’m WAY off topic here with all this raptor truck mumbo jumbo so I’m going to create another thread for that. Sorry for messing up the landy thread.

The deck is amazing tho. I had 50km/h on it stable today and that’s with bad trucks/bushings. Can’t wait to see how this behaves if I can get better gear on it.

2 Likes

Anyone found the Falcon EVO to be to short? I feel that I can’t have a wide enough stand on it :X

2 Likes

I’ve been away for what feels like an afternoon, and meanwhile, you guys invented the heat sink-hanger - terribly impressive :slight_smile:

The raptor2 comes with a heat sink hanger I just made a bigger one with a different design. Jason has mentioned this many times in his videos but I still think it needs more cooling at least for me at 100kg with 12S battery…

1 Like

EVO on vacation :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I kinda never use my board anymore and I’m playing with the idea of taking it apart and fitt the raptor hubs and the electronics on a “kick” bike… It’s either that or selling it complete but do second hand boards get any money back or is there no point doing that?

1 Like

You got bored of your ride in a month?

Wouldn’t say bored but it doesn’t get used. At home I take the car if I’m going anywhere and when I travel I get to use it a little bit but only when I don’t go by plane due to the battery.

1 Like

I can see a few things you could improve mate:

1. I think you will need to ovalize the space around the bushing seat so when the hanger leans it does not make contact with the bushing.

2. Similarly, do the shoulders of the hanger (board side) near the pivot contact the base plate? You might need a bit more clearance than you think. Under load/compression the hanger may migrate further towards the base plate than un-loaded.

GL

those things are sorted in the later versions. You are correct that it did get to cramped around the bushing and it did hit the baseplate on flex. The last one I did has improvement on both those problems. You c an spot the fixes on this wider version (it does have other issues tho as marked in read…)

IMG_3511

2 Likes

you could also potentially build a smaller, lighter board that could easily fit on a backpack with a small enough battery to take on flights.

I know what you mean about not seeing much use out of a larger board. Unless you specifically set aside time for joyrides or have a meetup esk8 group in your area, OR live along paved roads to work it’s hard using it as an actual commute vehicle

That would make more sense but I need the battery size since I’m a heavy rider and it’s already on the edge to beeing slow as it is (uphill especially). I work from home or travel by car/airplane at work so no commuting that makes any sense and it’s 13-14km to the store so then I’d rather take the car. It’s mostly for fun rides and there’s been way to little time for that. If I rebuilt it as a kickbike I suspect it would be more used at/around home and by other than me since it’s more stable.

I also had a fun trip last week where it suddenly gave 100% throttle while I was cruising. It threw me off but I managed to stay on my feet. Board went straight into a construction fense and stopped. Good thing there was no pedestrians or cars around because this rocket would have done some serious damage. Won’t ride it until I can figure out what that was about.

1 Like

Ahhh i gotcha. I’m a fairly light guy -> 175lbs. so I didn’t consider that. And ya, I know what you mean about the commuting situation. I just moved, but before there was no chance for me using my board for commuting. Just not the right environment for it.

Also know what you mean about too little time for fun rides. Before move my board was relegated to dog-walking machine for about a month while I was prepping for move.

Ya, yikes. I had some issues with my remote at first that resulted in a similar scary situation.

An E-bike is a totally viable option. You could also put a bigger battery on it.

If you do end up selling stuff and piecing it out, and you don’t have a use for the deck or enclosure anymore i’d totally pick them up from you

Anyone know what could have caused my board to give full throttle trying to throw me off? I was cruising and playing with giving throttle on/off to max a bit if I recall correctly and suddenly it gave full throttle and stuck there. When it was stuck at full throttle I tried braking with the remote but no response at all. I have setup failsafe so that when I loose contact with the remote or turn it off it gives no throttle so the motor freeroll/stops. I don’t feel safe using it again when I can’t find any errors or wrong setup anywhere and still had this issue. It will for sure happen again when timing is the worst and send the heavy board full throttle into someones legs or a car…

check your receiver cable, I’ve seen that happen when the cable is coming loose from the RX or ESC. Hot gluing the connectors in place usually solves the problem if the cable is ok. you should be able to replicate this on the bench by wiggling the receiver cable and/or connectors to see if that is ithe problem

2 Likes

sounds like a bad failsafe solution. Is there any better way of controlling the VESC than this unreliable stuff? Is there any digital protocol that can be used or a better receiver?

How did this turn out for you my brother?

Have a set of Supercarves and AT wheels with nothing to do with them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually didn’t like it much. I put the wheels on the 218s and moved everything yo an Evo 40 deck.

3 Likes

Wondering if you would share the .step file for the deck? Thanks!

I can’t share it as It’s not my property. I got it for personal use.

1 Like