Landyachtz EVO 36 Falcon 2018

every time ive tried back wheel drive ive gone back to front really quickly. with traction control on vesc I don’t lose traction but without it i’d lose tractions on sharp slow turns or wet leaves

nice looking deck.

Have you tried mounting a dual diagonal on the Falcon yet? I have Ollin’s drive system, but wanted to make sure the motors would clear the deck on both sides.

My last deck, a Globe Maiden, just snapped in the back. :frowning:

On the bright side, it gives me an excuse to get a new deck.

1 Like

No, I ended up going another way. I’d love to see your Ronin setup though.

Not enough room :frowning: guess I’ll have to look into making a slimmer case for the Vescs

Another thought is to route out a spot for the bms and stick it on top of the battery. Will the evo be strong enough for this?

4 Likes

Did anyone ride the evo falcon yet? Does it flex a lot? I’m considering routing out space for the bms inside but this will make it weaker… I’m 100kg so I can’t take off any if it’s flimsy in the beginning. Don’t have trucks here to test mine…

Yeah, there’s about 5 build threads on the Evo Falcon. I personally have 2. I don’t get any flex, I’m 185 lbs. I still wouldn’t cut any of the deck away. On an Evo you have room to make it up as its long, but on the falcon your feet are much closer together so more weight is directed towards the center. I know 3 inches doesn’t sound like much but it makes a difference.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it break even easier when it’s long weight*arm and all that?

1 Like

It’s about spreading the weight out when you remove substrate, you have less room to distribute.

Any downside to splitting these two pcbs from each other to make it fit on top of my pack? It’s way to thick now so want to slim it down ^^

1 Like

@fottaz is a pro in splitting these

1 Like

Its spilt and working fine :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Nice split! I’m doing it keeping the original pins, just by carefully splitting them

Wired up the Board last night for a test. I only had one motor connected and set the limit to 50motor amps. Hit that like instantly when aclerating and it was super slow… Think I need to connect the other motor and see if I can give the raptor hubs some more juice :smiley:

5 Likes

did you have a raptor 2 and just transplanted the motors here?

also what batter did you go with?

No I bought the motors only from a parted board.

I’m using a 12S4P Samsung 30Q pack I built myself. Vesc6 from steewie to power the motors.

1 Like

i really love your enclosure makes me want to build one for my next board

2 Likes

just down that late night rabbit hole and now want to build my own enclosure of of kydex however already buying an enclosure from @psychotiller but i definitely want to make one that looks like that for my evo it’s the longer 39” one tho

@Minim could you possibly modify it to work on the 39”?

The 39” doesn’t have the same shape so can’t do that without having a 3D model of it :confused: Just extending this won’t work.

Had a test drive with the board on Friday. I’m impressed by the power but it was really sluggish and unresponsive on the control. When I went on the brakes it was about 1sec delay before it started breaking.

I have fixed the escapes to the deck with 8xm3 screws and the battery sits with Velcro + one band fixed with 2xm5 screws. I have to figure out a way to get the motor cables out of the enclose and it’s ready for some proper testing.

5 Likes

Did a final test before assembly of the rest and the rivet nuts popped :frowning: The deck has som flex and there realy isnt much room legg inside the enclosure. When I was jumping some on the deck it popped right out… Newbie mistanke I guess but i have to find a way to make it fit…

2 Likes