Landyachtz EVO 36 Falcon 2018

My brother it’s the sound we make when we destroy Boosted and Evolve riders’ illusions after they ride the Kaly Trampa… “that was ORRSUM!” haha

1 Like

You truly have a designers eye for design and color, bud.

Always catch myself showing my gorgeous-yet-esk8-wary wife pics of your Evo builds lol

1 Like

wait is this a play off of ted’s last name? @trampa

Have you tried Your deck with 180mm trucks? I assume those surf rodz are 200?

What would you recomended to start out with? Any pro/cons with them?

We should design a better deck together. We can do better than LY (like leave enough room for motors to turn)

tried Dave’s new “ghost urethane” today on a burger run!

note to self: not for sliding (unless a yogic downward dog in the street is desired lol)

2 Likes

This is a 41. I’m in love with the evo as well. I was just thinking on the 36 falcon for the next.

11 Likes

Not enough space :confused: Have .5 in riser, will it need more?

this little beast ships to @psychotiller mañana (sound of angels singing) for professional tuning.

And when I say tuning, I mean building lol

5 Likes

W concave in the rear isn’t necessary considering the deck is a split-angle setup. Naturally speaking, it’s going to be very rare for you to send the board sideways. In terms of features, the EVO is indeed “outdated” versus the newer decks out there. The Talon comes with a front and rear downturn and upturn tail respectively. This makes kicking up the deck much easier. Carryability is also improved as a direct result of the downturned nose. The Talon’s width from front to rear does not taper as significantly as the EVO. This gives a generous foot platform that’s just that much more comfortable to stand on for casual stanced riding. The radial concave decreases its height down the length of the board giving you a very even directional stance for your feet. On the EVO where your rear foot feels somewhat too centerset on the deck, the Talon’s progressive concave allows your rear foot to comfortably hang off the edge more easily… translating to easier modulation of your weight in a turn. Is the EVO to be respected? Of course, it’s still a legend of a deck. However I do firmly believe there are better offerings out there now…

2 Likes

You can always throw in scrap griptape if you wanted to up the amount of W concave. however going off of your pics, your rear foot is still really close to the center. Actually it looks like your rear foot can use more width in the rear of the deck… I can’t really tell you how to ride, since everyone has their own preference. However a wider rear like in the case of the Talon DOES help your stance in this case. Griptape off the edge is meant to solve the original issue of having a too aggressive concave that makes it hard to grip your rear foot when you hang off the edge. As I said in my previous comment, the Talon’s rear concave decreases when nearing the end of the deck, making it much easier for you foot to hang off the edge of the deck whilst still having adequate contact with the griptape.

what size of psycho enclosure is that?

Or even better get them to make you one with carbon layers like i did :slight_smile: Just waiting on my Carvon V4xl’s to put this one together.

8 Likes

@Jreamer What brand deck is that? Looks sweet!

Subsonic Talon 37

1 Like

My model is done. Board is still in customs so maybe sometime next week… I have a few questions for the epoxy process tho. I would like to use carbon fiber to make this eventually so vacuum would be preferred. I do have a vacuum pump that I use for re gassing air condition systems on car so I was wondering if I could use this? I also bought some plastic bags for vacuuming food but will I be able to get these off after the epoxy has cured? What should I use on the 3d print so the epoxy doesn’t stick to bad?

7 Likes

Had to print one of the parts one more time. Glued in now curing for tomorrow. I think I have to wait until wednesday when I get the board before I do anything in case my model have a bad fit. I see that eboosted is now making one for the falcon also so then I have a fall back option in case my case is crap :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Render in the link below. I’m hoping for 48 cells in 12S4P config but I don’t have the bms or vescs yet so hard to know. I’m considering making a dual vesc 6 case for the escapes and trying to stack them to save space but I need them here to measure and design the case. Haven’t decideded if I’m gonna mold it inside or outside this 3d printed case. If I do it outside there will be more space obviously but it’s allready quite deep at 25mm inside of it…

4 Likes

Signature Low Pro 22", 24" or 26" Length

The deck arrived today. Looks really great :smiley: The fit on the printed enclosure isn’t to bad either but I’m considering cutting of the “brim” of the print and moulding the enclosure onto the deck for a perfect fit. Is that the common way to do it? How many layers of 200gr/1m2 carbon fiber does it need to hold up?

7 Likes

Depends on the thickness of your cloth.

But with fiberglass, 5-6 layers of heavy cloth. Honestly if you are going to give your hand a try at carbon, I would just do the outer layer as carbon, and glass behind it. If you’ve never glassed before, there will be mistakes and waste :slight_smile: best to keep the cost down until you get your catalyst/resin mixes right, and don’t end up with something flimsy(to much resin) or to brittle(to little resin).