LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Pretty cool! What kind of pulley do you use and how do you mount it?

you will just need to check the clearance to the ground thoughā€¦

Indeed, without a riser 5inch wheels probably will be too small and the enclosure will rub the ground in deep carves. A small riser should do the trick. Unikboards made some maybe they would work? Not sure about the angle in the riser, but maybe it would. http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/unikboards-group-buy-trampa-or-mbs-motor-mounts-angled-risers/19842

1 Like

They are 35deg afaik, there are 3d printed ones on thingiverse which could be changed to 30deg. They would give the clearance you need, if not a riser as well, looking forward to seeing what peops do with this

oā€™couse metal would be better, maybe something to fill out the product line a bit

Possibly design some bolt on pulley to mount it. Will have to do some designing when I confirm the build

Since the board mounting holes are already angled, wouldnā€™t a flat riser extend out the trucks raising the ride height?

No the adapter changes the angle to skate, then you riser out the truck as necessary

Arenā€™t the LaCroix board already angled? Please enlighten me as I am very much into these eskate things

I think he means the Unik adapter that is used to transform a standard deck to work with trampa trucks

1 Like

Oh. Ok! Got it. Haha. Sorry. Brain wasnā€™t processing

Ahhhhhhhh, didnā€™t know that detail. So the unikboards riser might be misadapted, Iā€™m not sure. Anyhow, the point is a small riser would be needed for 5inch tires and possibly for 6 inch tires as well depending on how aggressively you flex the board when carving and what type of terrain you ride (on a bumpy surface we would recommend a slightly higher ride height - the enclosure on 5 inch and 6 inch tires might rub the ground during a deep carve over some bump in the asphalt).

Thanks! Good to know!

In the photos and videos you showed. Is that 7 or 8"?

7 inch. All the pictures and videos show innova 7 inch tires.

@Kug3lis how hard/rxpensive would it be to make an aluminum baseplate for the Matrix IIs?

1 Like

@sender Could you send me an image what you want? I would need to send it to my father to decide :wink:

It is the baseplate for MBS Matrix II trucks. It is abs or something. Editā€¦ its nylon

1 Like

Trampa use bent alloy plateā€¦ not just cnc

2 Likes

I donā€™t think it would be hard to machine, just a lot of aluminum would go to waste as it would need a square block to machine it fromā€¦ Plus I think itā€™s not needed that much thickness as it would be aluminum and etc.

Maybe there is already similar form U form profile it would save a lot of work.

@Cobber yeah cold press aluminum.

1 Like

I know it is stupid but that plasticy looking baseplate annoys me.

1 Like

What kind of flexible cable / conductor do you use for the battery serial connexions between compartments? Is there room for 10 awg to pass between the board and the compartments separators with no risk of getting crushed over time?