LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

I just realized… The weight of the complete board wasn’t mentioned anyway (or I might have overlooked it). Anyone has any idea?

You are right, the complete board (DSS60) was never advertised in this thread, I don’t think the weight was ever mentionned. It weights 25lbs on the dot.

1 Like

Guys just go for the complete, it’s still on special and it’s the dreaaaaammmm! Almost two weeks (and around 140km ) riding it and mannnn it just glides like a little cloud, I can’t get enough of it and when you push that throttle it raises the little hairs on your back, it becomes thunderstruck!

I imagine even if you want to customize it, it’s easier to get the complete with the battery and all and just change the wheels/trucks as you wish although once you try it you won’t want to change a thing !

Everybody that tried my board loved it. One of the guys in Montreal tried it and the same day he sold his carbon GTX. I know the GTX is nothing compared to some diy boards here on the forum but again, the DSS60 is a cloud.

I just today reached 47.1km/h on it and you really have to look at the phone to realize that you are going THAT fast. You definitely feel the kick if you hammer the throttle but in my case I had a very wide street with no cars, freshly paved, so I just slowly built up to it, the board is so stable I had no idea I was going so fast, my top speed usually hovers around 40km/h at most. The only giveaway and the reason I let go of the throttle after that was because the tires start wobbling a little at that speed (still no wobbling form the trucks!) Maybe some balancing beads would help.

I love the idea of DIY, I don’t own many objects which are not crafted or heavily customized by me but I have great trouble seeing what more you would want to pull out of the board. I mean it’s just a matter of time before I lay down some custom artwork on it and design my own lights, but after two weeks on the MBS Matrix II pros I wouldn’t go back to anything else and I feel bad for everybody running Trampa trucks. The battery is solid, focboxes run smooth. I’ve grown fond of the wheel design and I definitely wouldn’t want to run anything heavier, especially spinning weight. I had to change a belt due to the pitiful roads we have over here in spring, I had some rocks that got stuck in it and pierced it. It took me a while to notice it as it didn’t rip compeltely. I have to say it’s awesome the pulleys are all metal, other than the paint getting scraped off it, the teeth look intact. And it came with two spare belts, so that was an easy fix.

Bottom line, if you’re not riding a DSS60 this summer, you are missing out. I have to admit it cost wayyyyy more than I was planning to spend. But I can confidently say it’s an expensive therapy that pays off in a big way, I think you would be missing out more on the experience of riding this than on two months worth of rent money. It’s not even about the sheer power most people are looking for in a board, it’s everything about it. I haven’t drove a Porsche myself to compare it to it, but I can tell you it gives me the same dumb smile as driving a WRX through Vermont’s winding forest roads. You are just glued to the road and you want to push it left and right, you don’t even care how fast you’re going, you’re smiling all the way.

Okay I’m done :slight_smile: cheers guys!

12 Likes

:zipper_mouth_face: Damn man you ought to shut up or we’re gonna start busting aneurysms left and right out of sheer impatience. The Matrix2 is back in stock all around Europe apparently. Got my pair this week, the overion mounts and superstar with 6.5 inchers are already in place. 12 series of 5 VTC6 are all welded up except the last one because I might have to split it : the Escapes are slightly larger than focboxes. Now it’s a race beween the Lacroix and the ESCapes. I need to start meditation otherwise i’m in for an impossible next few weeks.

1 Like

Just got this. Looks like Lacroix is winning the race. whooohooo

2 Likes

Can you post picture of a remote?

3 Likes

@Arch @pat_arch Man tried your board ( max 20T setup ) This thing is LEGIT :star_struck:Great concave Super CARVY and packing a PUNCH :fist_left: Just like bacon :bacon: Got to love it

Keep up the good work :+1: Hope to see you in a month or so :smile:

13 Likes

Thank you so much my friend, it means a lot.

Let us know when you are planning to visit!

Sure will do

1 Like

Hey Ovi,

You’ve got me obsessed over the LaCroix board. After building five boards myself, I never thought I’d even consider buying another complete prebuilt board, but now I am (considering it). The complete LaCroix is very unique and seems to offer the fit and finish I prize…is it possible to pm me or post the videos of you riding it, I’m not on instagram (I’m old).

2 Likes

LOL, I think I know what my older sister needs now :smiley: I’ll pitch her the 2.3k deluxe board :laughing:

How waterproof is it? I know that can come off as a noob question because it is. Like can the motors Handle a few splashes of water?

Thanks for the great review @Ovi!!

Here is a little glimpse of my ride this morning to confirm what you were saying about the speed.

1 Like

That is one crazy sprint !

It’s water-resistant - a recessed foam strip on the perimeter of the board protects the battery and electronics. But it’s not a submarine, do avoid puddles.

So 0 puddles wet/moist road slow ride should be fine right?

not talking about traction etc.

1 Like

Yes, it should be fine.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what do you weigh and how much juice was left in the battery after this ride?

I weigh 170lbs and the battery was still at 37.6V, approx 70%.

2 Likes

Thanks Ernesto. As you’re one of the best builders out there, means a lot. Cheers man

2 Likes