LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Guys, to save you some time and order this in advance. Making holes in carbon fiber is much easier with a step drill. For the power button for example, if you need to make a 16mm hole, you’ll have a hard time doing it with a 16mm bit. Better to use something like this.

https://www.amazon.ca/Bestgle-Speed-Steel-Titanium-Quick-change/dp/B06XNMGV9R/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1526488823&sr=8-4&keywords=step+drill

Once your holes are done, make sure you blow out all the CF dust as it’s conductive and might short something in the electronics.

Also, once the hole is made, you’ll have carbon splints around the holes. Simply take a small file and file the inside and outside of the hole gently. All the splinters will come off.

Cheers, A

14 Likes

A respirator might be a good thing to add to the shopping list when machining carbon fibre, that stuff is really bad for your lungs

5 Likes

And long sleeves/pants/gloves. It’s itchy at best, splinters at worst.

The fact you guys have fancy tape for the boxes makes me want one of these lol

13 Likes

Fancy tape removal instructions:

1. Throw the boxcutter asides,you don’t need it
  2. Hold box over steaming kettle until arms start to fall off or tape does
  3. Peel loosely adhered tape off box slowly
  4. Place in frame of your choice
10 Likes

Can you link it ? I don’t see anything about this board? Does anyone have a video of this board yet. Why can’t the owner ( Lacroix Board Co.) make a video of there own board ?

We are working on it, putting our efforts towards fulfilling orders at the moment! Videos will come, don’t worry.

Mmmm, I am freggin chompin at the bit.

Thanks Karl. We look forward to your thoughts on our complete deck - it doesn’t disappoint.

Reach out to me via email and we’ll work out the details.

Cheers,

A

Ps; just googled your Porsche, that thing’s a BEAST!

1 Like

Am I the only one who’s worried that they’ll up there prices when the reviews kick in :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank god I got in on the preorder!

3 Likes

That’s probably the idea. Get some.iut there to prove the value then take in the dolla’s. It’s called commerce.

4 Likes

La Croix are definitely placed on the leaderboard, can’t wait to mar mine :innocent:

I like the board but I have 2 questions about the complete board

Question 1 it says it uses 60 cells but doesn’t say in what configuration is it a 12s5p or a 10s6p?

Question 2 it shows 3 deck options the stiffest being the 200+ option, what about heavier people in the 250-300lb area would the board handle a heavy rider like that or is that too much.

:open_mouth: your boards look amazing…

1 Like

Please DM me for details, but to answer your questions, we use Samsung 30Q’s in 10S6P configuration.

For the board, if addtional stiffness is required for a heavier rider, we could do a custom deck.

3 Likes

Is the deal still on? It’s saying 699 on the site for me

The introductory offer has expired.

I kind of hope they’ll do another sale sometime. Maybe an anniversary sale next year? A guy can dream right :wink:

3 Likes

I share your dream. I am bummed that I didn’t jump on this in time but had all my additional funds tied up in another build. Looking again at the LaCroix, I would actually just go and purchase the complete board, and I should have done this, rather than trying to build my own. Hindsight - such a wonderful thing…

2 Likes